ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Refurb..

Saw a couple of valvers with what looked like diamond cut phase 1s on... How much does this cost and does it last?

Siggsy

Lionel Richie

Ive seen them polished, i got a quote for £25 per wheel to have them stripped then polished and then lacquered.

Theres this new thing you can have done now, which im planning on having done, its a different method of polishing where they fire small ball bearings at anything metal £60 to have done on a 17inch wheel

I got quoted £50 per wheel round by me thats for Diamond cutting.. I saw a valver who had it done on Sat at South end looks nice.. But £200 for all fours alot of cash....

Im having my Phase 2 16v wheels refurbished at the moment. The inside and outside have been shotblasted and then both sides of the wheels will be painted.

Its costing me £200 + VAT, which is not cheap. But to buy some equivalent quality wheels would definitely cost in excess of £100 per wheel.

Im not sure about the Phase 1s, but the Phase 2 wheels are Speedline - defintely worth keeping hold of as theyre far better quality than many other brands. My car came with some aftermarket 16" wheels but they were poo quality and one of them even had a buckle in it! After I founf this out, I found some original Phase 2 wheels instead.

Ben H

I need to get mine done as well can you give me the details of the shop where you sent yours too.

Thanks

Bristol - but I dont think that the place Ive had my wheels done at will do them for other people. I use them a lot for other stuff and asked if theyd do them, to which they said "yes" although they dont normally.

It turned out to be a bit of a nightmare as first of all they had to send them away to be blasted as they couldnt get them rubbed down to a good enough standard. Then the blasting place had them for two weeks as their machine broke down! Theyve come back now, but becuase theyve been blasted on both sides, they have to be repainted inside and outside - which is going to make the most mint wheels ever, but is a lot of hassle for the bodyshop!

So I dont think that theyre going to be happy to do wheels again as theyve taken four weeks and lots of hassle! Hopefully theyll be extremely mint though!

If you get ur alloys polished with the ball bearings you have to wash em like every day otheriwse they corrode!