ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiper mechanism revamp?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone removed their wiper linkage and revamped it - including repainting it?

After 18 years, mine's looking decidedly sun-bleached grey and with a little dribble of rust from under the central linkage.

Ideally, I'd refurb it to all black - but is it a ballache does anyone know?

Thanks,
D.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Fairly easy to take it all out. I've managed it before when going for the washer tank/pump and i'm no mechanic. You need a tool to get the arms off, then it's scuttle off and some bolts iirc.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I should have said actually - I've taken the mechanism off a few times in the past for pump issues and the like. Like you say, it's not that difficult a job but it's more the respraying of the linkages and their parts. I assume that I'd need to key or prep them with them being very smooth?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
@MarcB gave me a good tip when I did mine - before you start, put masking tape along the windscreen where the wiper blades are and draw a line along the blade on to the masking tape so you know the natural position of the wipers. Makes it a hundred times easier when refitting them.