ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Alloy Wheel Guide**

Hey guys. i just recently bought a pair of alloys for my clio II 1998, their 16" with 205/50R16 boots, however when i go over bumps i can hear the tyre touching the inside arch, any advice to fix this problem please?? would it help if i changed from 205 to about lets say 195??

thanks

1.2 Dynamique billabong
the 205 is the width mate, you want to change the profile from a 50 to a lower profile like a 45 or 40, or you could try some small spacers or see where its rubbing and try modding the arch ( like triming the wheel arch liner)

haha Yeah im aware that its the width, i thought maybe they to wide??
If not how do i go about triming the wheel arch liner? can i do it myself or do i have to send it in?

thanks for the help mate.

clio 1.5 dci
hi,

ive got a 2003 clio 1.5 dci, and just purchased some 172 clio sport alloys with 205.45.16 tyres, ive put them on and they rub on the back inside arches, how to i resolve this problem?
please help as i don't want to end up selling them, i've been told about spacers which i can get but, i don't want them to stick out and get pulled over.

cheers

clio mk1 1.7 turbo
hi,

ive got a 2003 clio 1.5 dci, and just purchased some 172 clio sport alloys with 205.45.16 tyres, ive put them on and they rub on the back inside arches, how to i resolve this problem?
please help as i don't want to end up selling them, i've been told about spacers which i can get but, i don't want them to stick out and get pulled over.

cheers

use the 195/45/16 or 195/40/16 tyres

Clio 1.2 Billabong
damn. i they not just bolt right on?

or will they rub far too much?

where do i get spacers from? lol

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
saved me from making a new thread. 60.1 center bore is too big to play around with wheels though...

renault clio 1.6 rxe
hi im a total noob wen it comes to cars and specifics n wat to do n wat not to do. i just want my car to look gd i want a nice set of black alloys for my mk2 1.6 clio how do i know wat to get. I've been told in another thread its gonna need lowering. one person suggested a 60mm drop n another suggested a 40mm which would be better?

also i went on the first link found my car but get confused with what pcd, offset n bore is.

please help

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
205's are too wide for the clio.The standard width is 195/50. Ive got 195/50x15 tyres on my 172. I've got a pair of pirelli P6000 tyres n my garage for sale. 195/50x15. As new, they were bought for the clio a few months ago, before I got a set of proxes for it. £40 for the two of them if anyone wants them, PM me if interested.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
hi im a total noob wen it comes to cars and specifics n wat to do n wat not to do. i just want my car to look gd i want a nice set of black alloys for my mk2 1.6 clio how do i know wat to get. I've been told in another thread its gonna need lowering. one person suggested a 60mm drop n another suggested a 40mm which would be better?

also i went on the first link found my car but get confused with what pcd, offset n bore is.

please help
I have a set of wolfrace Octane 15" rims that will fit a clio. 6x15 with 195/50x15 tyres. As new. They were on my citroen xsara and I took then off before I sold the car to get my clio. The rims are black spokes with chrome rims. I want £275 for them.PM me if any use. Thanks.

The rims will fit vauxhall, peugeot, citroen and renault.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
To be honest, lowering the car can be a pain. The ride will be much firmer. Depends what you want from the car.

mk1 ph2 clio
looking at these guides it looks like i cant fit vtr alloys to my mk1 1997 facelift clio,
just wondering if anyone thinks i can? or if there is any way i can
thanks

Clio RS
what's the correct offset for turini wheels on a 172 phase I?

I've found a set in the Netherlands but the offset is 40
I think I need a 38?

citroen saxo mk2
hey i have some alloy wheels i want to put on a clio 1.2 yr2000 if i get it, the alloy wheels i have are (PCD) 4x100/108 offset (et) 38
will they fit on the clio?
thanks

Mk2 Clio RT 1.2
Hi i recently fitted some second hand alloy wheels to my car. it is a clio 1.2 1998 and i have fitted it with 15" TSW's, they fitted fine and do not rub or anything. i then took it out for a drive for the first time and it feels the the wheels are pulling from side to side. i took it to a tyre garage and they checked the tracking an all is fine. i then today took it onto the dual carriageway and as soon as i get towards 60 or above i get major wheel wobble ... i havnt got a clue what it is can anyone please help?? Thanks

PH2 Clio 172
The standard tyre on my 172 is 195/45/16. I want to get a set of alloys for it as I need 4 tyres so may as well get some nice alloys. What size wheel/tyre would work well? It would be good to go with a 17" or 18" rim, but I don't want to mess with the rolling radius too much. 195/35/17?