ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy wheel refurb

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Hi, just bought some 172 alloys and Want too get them powder coated. What can I do too prep them before giving them to a powder coaters.
Do I need too have tyres removed?
Do they have too be thouroghly cleaned or will they steam clean them?
Do I strip what paint is on there already?

Sorry for questions never had it done before, cheers

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That will have the facility to blast them back to base metal. Most that advertise as doing alloy wheel refurbishment will be able to remove and refit tyres too. Google alloy wheel refurb near you and read the reviews.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Get the place thats coating them to do the prep. They will usually remove tyres, dip/blast and remove all marks and coat/refit tyres for the price. Done a few sets myself back in the day, takes quite a bit of graft to get kerbed alloys right. Drop them off and pick them back up fresh let them do the work - thats what your paying for.

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Will it not save me anything if I prep them myself sanding rough bits etc, how much will it cost roughly per wheel for them too do everything

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
You will still get charged for prep regardless of what you do to them. I would expect £200-250 a set.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
City are cheap and decent but not immaculate finish, they're metallic silver is nice, had my f1's done by them. 100 quid for all 5 blasted and coated. No kerb repairs though as wasn't required. Great service and no fuss, can't fault for the money.

I'd expect 30-35 per wheel at any old random place and 70 ish per wheel for 'proper' paint.

IMG_20180329_180630_545.jpg