ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloys for MK1 Clio

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
Right ok here we go, seen the alloy guides and that and kind of got my head around it ish...

So go normal run of the mill 13inch steel wheels on my clio, looking for an upgrade and found some 14inch VW Polo alloys which I can get at a relatively good price of 30 quid for a set of 4, wheels slightly kerbed on all of them but tyres good and seems ok... Will these definitely fit my wheels and what would be best to get the speedo to read the same? current wheels are 155/50/13 i think and new ones will be 185/55/14 so would it be better to get new tyres on alloys to match speedo or get it closer? And would these be simple pop off, pop on and fit without any mods to wheel arches ? (I know there only 14inch but would kill myself if got wheels and then they wont go on haha)

Thinking also of refurb to them get them matt black/gloss black... sound good?

Probably get a set of Renault centre caps to match.

Anyone any insight whether will be good to go? Need to know preferably today/tomorrow so can go pick up XD

2007 clio dynamique
Im sure they will fit fine im sure the stud pattern is the same and as for the speedo the change in wheels should not make any massive changed

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You will need spigot rings as the centre bore on VW wheels is a different size to a Renault.

And make sure they're 4x100 pcd.

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
ok yeh they are 4x100pcd and how much are spigot rings and where can they be bought?

Can find everything for any other clio except MK1s haha... and finding parts for them is hell! no scrappys or anything have any in!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I may have it wrong, you may need to make the bore bigger (local machine shop) to make them fit.

Iirc, renault is 60.1 and VW is 57 something.

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
Ok, have to have a look around and see... trying to avoid any of that and just get a straight on ya go jobby.

Looks like it wont be, unless i get 15inch astra alloys which are the right bore i think

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
Been trying to find some but had no luck! They where my plan in the first place, get a nice set of 15inch Clio Alloys that will look OEM and nice on the car but cannot find any anywhere in the east midlands for a decent price. Been to scrappys and everything as well no luck, been looking for all parts and bits and bobs but nothing.

Could just be I dont know where to look to be fair!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A quick look on this very forum (literally a 10 second search) has brought up 3 different sets of Renault clio 15 inch wheels for sale.

I suggest you try harder!

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
true with ebay but a lot are still high prices and sometimes miles away which isn't as practical which i why i was thinking these 14inch vw polo wheels or 15inch vastra wheels...

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
cannot go on the for sale section as i am not a member... which is why i cannot see anything that could possibly be for sale on this.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^^Its £12 ffs!

You get what you pay for.

Its all very well saying Astra/polo wheels are cheaper but A) they will probably look crap and B) you will need to get the centre's bored out, meaning that C) you can then only sell those astra/polo wheels to another renault driver...

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
Ok well its 12 quid i aint going to use and then possibly not get the benefit out of... only just joined forum so going to wait a bit before i spend money on it, might not be worth it for me etc.

I agree with that about the wheels which leaves less of a market and does depend on if anyone wants to buy them

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So that bit of information I just gave to you has saved you wasting £xxx on a set of gubbins alloys.

Thats a very wise £12 to spend...

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
true haha... in my travels across the world wide web have found a set 15 miles from me that need new tyres and an eventual refurb but are renault alloys and will be definite easy fit, only case now is bargaining for them haha

Renault Clio MK1 1.2
thats where I just found some... best of luck get a cheap pair as being a student, cheap is my way of life... which I have recently found out does not come in handy when trying to do bits and bobs to your car!