ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alloys on insurance

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Just phoned my insurance a private sompany under norwich union. Asked if my policy would be affected if i got alloys, i said i woule be buyin 15"s and they said beacuse some clios come with alloys as standard i can put them on and not have to pay xtra. Yeyyyyyyy now am gona ask bout lowering lol

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah i am assuming its cos they r 15"s i got excited so forgot to ask if it ws for all sizes lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
mine are only 16s but when he asked me how much they cost and i told him i think he skipped a beat lol

CTR--VX220D
Why did you tell them how much they were worth???? Most insurance companies wont replace your aftermarket modifications if you crash. Telling them how much they were worth [if very expensive] will boost the premium.

You should have said - I dont know, I bought them from a mate for ***

Clio 172 Mk2
Sorry for hijacking this thread.... my insurance runs out midnight tonight, and Ive been searching for insurance quotes. My current insurance (Norwich Union) have for some completely unknown reason are trying to rape me with a 20% hike in premium - no claims made or points gained. Lowest quote I got is from More Than - does anyone know if they accept my 16" aftermarket OZ wheels (same size as original fitment)? I cant get in touch with a sales agent as the lines close at 9pm.