ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloys

Hi.
I have a Mk1, Phase3 1.2 Clio.
Trying to decide between Kahn RS-Rs or Fox 6s at the moment. (Opinions?)
I want 15" Alloys with about 35mm drop (I dont think this will cause rubbing without modifications - I dont really wanna modify my arches).

What alloys should I be looking for though? 6.5x15 or 7x15? Would it make much difference?

Thanks.

You could, for the best handling get 6.5s on the front and then 7s on the back so that the steering is still relatively light (which it should be with 15s) and yet from the back you get the mean fat tyre look.

How do you find your clio handles, I have a 1.2 oasis and its a right b**ch, it slides everywhere far to easilly.

Also with a 35mm drop your arches will be fine, best to get the torsian bars at the back altered at a good garage though for the best results.

Ben.

Thanks for the advice.

Would putting 7s on the front be much of a problem? I dont have power steering ya see, but Id like to keep all the wheels the same size, all round.

I wouldnt have thought 6.5 or 7 would be such a big difference, apart from the wider look?

Handling, I find, is ok - Standard suspension, wheels etc... - Im guessing it will handle better once lowered and with new wheels and tyres.

I did spot the Kahns first, but after looking through some magazines, I noticed the Fox 6s, which look nearly the same, but a lot cheaper. Ive never bought alloys before, so I have to go on recommendations.

Thanks.