ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alpine 9853r

ford racing puma

is this any good and will i still be able to use my steering controls on a 2005 182? i want to run an ipod through it
cheeers

[Edited by zippyy on 6/17/2005 9:05:52 PM]

yes its a very good unit

you can retain the stalk controls but only once youve bought and installed the 2 wiring interfaces which are required

and yes, running the ipod through it will be fine

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yep I have this unit.. its very good if not TOO good.. by that I mean there is just too much adjustments via all the EQs etc.

I have it set up properly in my car now and am very happy indeed. Get it from caraudiodirect.co.uk for the best price of £229, and get the adapters aswell so you can keep the standard controls on the steering.. total is about £270

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

Yep top unit, I fitted one in my 05 182 cup the other week with the ipod interface aswell, the only problem is with the interface, they dont make one that works with the 05 clios and the alpine yet so im told by alpine and incartec

Clio Cup/GSXR 600

Hey new to the site, I just got a 9855R alpine, the glide touch one. Had to order the interface cable and its 70quid. Bit miffed with that? I does send signal up to stock display though as well as being able to use the stalk controls?

Ill let you know if its any good?

Boxster S

Ive spoken to Alpine about this and they say the following about the interface on the 05 Clios

"The problem is the software on the 05 renaults has changed, were waiting on the new releases of the interface.....

If you upgrade your headunit to a new 2005 model CDA etc.... you can
then get the display working too....

Does anybody have any experience of this in an 05 182?

ford racing puma

Picked it up today. Only paid £267 and thats with the Ipod interface.
I was told the steering control interface will be out in a month at a cost of £70. the shop are going to email me when they come in.
Will let you know.
I have just fitted it and was a struggle to get it in the dash because of all the wires. Sounds good but now have to figure out how to shuffle songs off the Ipod
Better unpack the instructions I suppose:)

[Edited by zippyy on 6/20/2005 6:47:10 PM]

ford racing puma

does anybody else have trouble useing the glidetouch control on there alpine h/u or is it just me?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

might have to look into one of these - mines given up the ghost stupid thing..

ford racing puma

may be a stupid question but do i set it to 3 way or 2 way?

has anybody got hold of a steering interface yet?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by zippyy on 21 June 2005
does anybody else have trouble useing the glidetouch control on there alpine h/u or is it just me?

It gives me a real headache. Im so used to flicking channels all the way to work with the stalk controls. Now I cant do it so easily. The worst thing is that the roads I drive are sh*te and the ride in the Trophy isnt exactly silky smooth so keeping my finger on the strip and in the right place isnt easy while bouncing around. lol

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by zippyy on 29 July 2005
have you got it set on 3 way or 2 way?

What set on 3 or 2 way? :oops:

ford racing puma

there is a switch at the back so that you can set it for a 3 way or 2 way for the speakers.
i aint got a clue what it all means either. all i want is a bass and treble control. i think im getting old:)
has a 182 got a 3 way speaker system or 2 cos im confused?

[Edited by zippyy on 7/29/2005 4:26:05 PM]

Lee

BMW M2C

I didnt even notice that, and if I had Id not have a clue what the hell it was meant to be set to either. :oops:

All I know is I can listen to CDs with MP3s on and thats what I wanted. I just need to stop the panel behind me from vibrating now.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by zippyy on 29 July 2005
there is a switch at the back so that you can set it for a 3 way or 2 way for the speakers.
i aint got a clue what it all means either. all i want is a bass and treble control. i think im getting old:)
has a 182 got a 3 way speaker system or 2 cos im confused?

[Edited by zippyy on 7/29/2005 4:26:05 PM]

Lol, read your manul it explains exactly what the difference is. Basically though you would want 2 way ;)

ford racing puma

ye done it now. i aint got a clue when it comes to car h/u they make them to complicated these days.
when i read the manual i end up more confused:)