ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine HU Stalk controls

ClioSport 182
Just got an Alpine CDA-9847R CD / MP3 / WMA RECEIVER installed in my 182 with the Alpine stalk control adapter so that the controls work on the steering stalk.

I have noticed that two of the steering stalk controls don't seem to work:

* Mute: pressing vol up & down at the same time. The music level is dipped significantly but not muted all the way
* Track up and down wheel doesn't work

Everthing else is ok. Is this normal?

Thx,
KnightAzul

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Hey !

I have an apline HU fitted in mine with the stalk adapters..

Mute isnt mute with alpines.. if that makes sense ? its really an attenuator.. and basically reduces the volume signficantly as you said.. so that is normal !

The track up and down wheel on mine works no probs so it either a faulty unit you got or something wrong with your stalk adapter.

ClioSport 182
Right-oh, back to the shop then!
Thanks for the info. Good to know that the "mute" is not a problem.

KnightAzul

ClioSport 182
It doesn't come cheap. I reckon I paid around between 70 to 80 euros. Perhaps it is cheaper in the UK ...

KnightAzul

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I paid about 30 quid for mine, from Caraudiodirect :)

Totally normal operation btw (besides the wheel not working), mine only drops the volume down by 10 when you mute it. So if its below 10 it'll actually mute it.

HTH :)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Ye I got mine from caraudiodirect aswell.. but my wheel works fine for going up and down tracks.. I got the one with the display aswell so instead of having nothing on the centre console it says

ALPINE

or if you go up a track it says

Seek Up +

or

Seek Down -

etc

ClioSport 182
My display works on the centre console. Though nothing special since it is restricted to 8 chars I think. For each track on a CD it trys to display the title but doesn't get very far ... works better for Radio stations. Might disconnect this in the end as I don't find it particularly useful.

KnightAzul

ClioSport 182
It turns out that the seek up and down works ok on an MP3 CD from the steering stalk, but no so on an original CD! Doesn't make any sense to me. Any theories?

KnightAzul

ClioSport 182
KnightAzul said:
It turns out that the seek up and down works ok on an MP3 CD from the steering stalk, but no so on an original CD! Doesn't make any sense to me. Any theories?

KnightAzul

Anyone know if Alpine KCE840B and KWE844E are the right steering stalk unit and cable for the Alpine CDA-9847R? Still won't track up and down with an original CD. But works for a disc with MP3 track! Must have installed the wrong cable or unit ...

Thanks,
KnightAzul