ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine IDA-X200 and IDA-X300

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Hi guys, just been looking around, and found that the IDA-X001 is going to be updated with the IDA-X200 and the IDA-X300, both due out this month.

I've taken a look, doesn't seem to be that much difference between them.

Thoughts on them from anyone?

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Managed to find a few differences...

To me it looks like they've downgraded the screen on the HU. On the IDA-X001 the screen is full colour and will show the artwork etc from the ipod.. on the IDA-X200 and X300, this doesn't appear to be the case, where they use a standard display.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Not totally related, but I'm intending to buy a IDA-X001, but I want my stalk controls to work......

caraudiosecurity.com have 3 different cables available......here

does anyone know which one will fit my 172 cup '53 plate' registered nov '03....i'll try pulling out mine to have a look if no-one knows.....

also........the cheapest one i have found is £204.99, are there any available for less??

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Actually that would help me out too.. I might get either the X001 or the X100.. and would like to keep the stalk controls.

Where have you seen the one for £204.99?

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Actually that would help me out too.. I might get either the X001 or the X100.. and would like to keep the stalk controls.

Where have you seen the one for £204.99?

Here for £204.99 and its free postage (bonus)

caraudiosecurity.com have a deal on for the X001 and the KCE-300BT bluetooth unit together for £289.99 but they charge postage from what i can gather....

so I checked on the '66' website and its about £280 for the both together with no postage!! thats the one i'm going for, then order the correct stalk control lead from the other website when i find out which one is correct.....

do you have the same age and type of clio as me mate??

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
No, I got an 05 Expression. But I wouldn't think that the stalk control adaptor would differ too much

Freetrack&Monaco 172
bearing in mind there are 3 different types for clios it may be different......will give caraudiosecurity.com a call when i get home and find out which models each one covers......

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
It's probably the best idea to call someone that would know what they're talking about.

Good luck mate.

BMW M135i
  Freetrack&Monaco 172
bmh.01......the second link relates to a 2004 onwards cable and i cant see a pre 2004 one on the site? is there one i am too blind to see??

My clio has a display, external to the headunit.......?!

BMW M135i
bmh.01......the second link relates to a 2004 onwards cable and i cant see a pre 2004 one on the site? is there one i am too blind to see??

My clio has a display, external to the headunit.......?!

Pre 04 uses a different interface afaik. Which headunit are you trying to use with it?

Yes the dash display will become mostly redundant unless you pay £100 for the very hard to get hold of alpine adapter.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
So if I wasnt bothered about my display working would the 1st link's connector get my stalk controls to work? I find it amusing the website states you 'must' buy both.......guessing you dont really need them, only to get full functionality with the screen too......?

Lotus Elise 111R
The 200 and the 300 appear to destroy the whole point of the iPod full colour screen as it does'nt have one. At least the 100 is similar to the 001, just updated, although reading it I cannot see how!

I had the 001 in my clio, with stalk controls, supplied and fitted by audio66 as they are just up the road. Forget the display at the top of the dash, it cannot work. After the install it will just show the temp and the time, you will not miss the radio screen up there.

I have now put another 001 into my Lotus as it just such a fantastic headunit, and no cd's everywhere!! Looks like Alpine has scored an own goal with the screen on the 200 and the 300, as every other company does one of those screens. The whole point of the 001 was the screen....

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
The 200 and the 300 appear to destroy the whole point of the iPod full colour screen as it does'nt have one. At least the 100 is similar to the 001, just updated, although reading it I cannot see how!

Yeah, I can't see much of a point for the 200 and 300 editions... think that they have some other functions or something that 100 doesn't.

Now I'm stuck as to whether I should get the 001 or the 100...