ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine X100's in at our car audio shop :)

Mk2 172
We have had delivery of our new X100 alpine ipod units. Really nice looking bit of kit. Will be fittin it soon :)

Tappd'd RS
I didn't realise there was a new version of this coming out.

I've got the original one on my R27 and it's class!

BMW M135i
Whats the bluetooth intergration like on these when combined with the KCE-300BT?
I've got it with my 9887R and its awesome. A lot of people have problems with them though, search around on the net. I haven't had any issues with it btw, I think a lot of it is installation.

Mk2 172
Whats the bluetooth intergration like on these when combined with the KCE-300BT?
I've got it with my 9887R and its awesome. A lot of people have problems with them though, search around on the net. I haven't had any issues with it btw, I think a lot of it is installation.

Best un it on the market bar none. We not had any problems. Cant seee what can go wrong with installation. the audessey needs settin up correctly tho

BMW M135i
The 300BT not the 9887R ;). People have reported whine when playing ipod, echo on the other end of the call and a few other things iirc. I haven't had any of these.

Mk2 172
The 300BT not the 9887R ;). People have reported whine when playing ipod, echo on the other end of the call and a few other things iirc. I haven't had any of these.

No nor me and ive got one with my x001. its not great as a bluetooth kit tho. not great with newer phones that have version 1.2 or 2.0 bluetooth. to make a phone connect to it properly everytime you have to delete all phones in the list and reconnect your phone as all kits are tested with phones at alpine uk and will be on the list of paired devices.

BMW M135i
No its not but its nicely intergrated so thats why I took the risk with it. Haven't had any connection problems at all, even before I deleted all the alpine test devices. The only problem i've got is that my N95 won't send the phonebook or call list across but I knew that before I bought it.

Mk2 172
No its not but its nicely intergrated so thats why I took the risk with it. Haven't had any connection problems at all, even before I deleted all the alpine test devices. The only problem i've got is that my N95 won't send the phonebook or call list across but I knew that before I bought it.

Yeah i had the same problem with my n95. Defo wont work. bit of a pain but nevermind

PH2 172

Can you not use remote sim access or anything like that, so you can see caller details not just the number etc?

BMW M135i
It doesn't work with the N95 or most 3rd edition FP1 phones either, works perfectly with my K850 (just a pitty its a s**t phone!). Nokia blame Alpine and Alpine blame Nokia so you won't get anywhere.

PH2 172
It doesn't work with the N95 or most 3rd edition FP1 phones either, works perfectly with my K850 (just a pitty its a s**t phone!). Nokia blame Alpine and Alpine blame Nokia so you won't get anywhere.

Cheers, to be honest so long as I can receive calls I dont mind. I've just spend the last 2 years with a P55BT and Windows mobile, that worked as your suggesting - so I don't think it'll be a problem. Just a shame I've got to shell out another £80 on top of the HU :D

Silver 172 cup
My local audio shop is selling these for £200. I,m seriously tempted. Just about to start my first install. Still deciding what I want. Can you control an mp3 player through the HU or is it just ipods?

ITB BG 182
Now i can not decide wether to have one of these head units to run in line with all the other alpine speakers an amps that i got or go for the pioneer deh 85bt that comes ipod ready and bluetooth connection aswell as cd's not that im bother about cds.
They are both in the same price range aswell though.

182 Trophy
I'm in the same boat - the Alpine unit looks much nicer but with the bluetooth module is more expensive than the P85bt

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
whats the difference between the alpine xda-100 and the xda-001? is it just the bluetooth???

PH2 172
whats the difference between the alpine xda-100 and the xda-001? is it just the bluetooth???

AFAIK there's no difference in bluetooth support, they can both use the KCE BT300. Most of the differences are interface based as far as I can tell.