ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator - Battery Cable

172 Cup
Removed my old/knackered Alternator but in the process the o-ring terminal at the alternator side which connects the cable "to it" decided to snap,

I was just wondering is it ok to make a new cable myself and if so what length should it be? or do you need to use the standard one as there is some strange connector at the battery side, or should I just try and attach a new o-ring terminal

hope I worded this right

Cheers

1.2 16v clio
4 gauge will be best make sure it is real 4 gauge there are alot of cheap rubbish cables forsale out there

or.... you could go overkill and do 0 gauge :)

172 Cup
yeah I need to remove the old cable anyway to crimp the new o ring on! can I replace the terminal on the battery side, the one that in a dodgy "L" shape as it will make relocating my battery easier

172 Cup
One in pic.... Can I replace it with a standard "o-ring terminal"? ....**ignore state of car**

IMG_20130107_00275.jpg

172 Cup
Anyone? And is it just a single cable from alternator to battery? or does it branch off to anything else? as Im just going to make my own and remove the old one

Thanks