ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator ?

Clio mk3 07
Looking to buy an alternator choice out of 2 there is an rtx one bit seen mixed reviews and a remy one havnt heard much about them just looking for an input on wich one to get that will be reliable.
For a Clio 172
Cheers levi.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Avoid the RTX one, ive not had one myself but have only ever seen people saying avoid them on here.
The one to go for is the Valeo one if possible.

Clio mk3 07
Avoid the RTX one, ive not had one myself but have only ever seen people saying avoid them on here.
The one to go for is the Valeo one if possible.
Cheers bud that's perfect I don't have the cup so I mine would be 110amp is that correct ?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Yeah 110 amp is be correct, I'd echo the above too and say avoid RTX, seen nothing but trouble with them (normally failing shortly after the 12 month warranty period). I'm going to assume that by asking about RTX you've had a look on the euro car parts site? Before commiting to buying one from them try Renault Parts Direct, I wouldn't be surprised if they work out slightly cheaper, and it'll be a genuine alternator too

Clio mk3 07
Yeah 110 amp is be correct, I'd echo the above too and say avoid RTX, seen nothing but trouble with them (normally failing shortly after the 12 month warranty period). I'm going to assume that by asking about RTX you've had a look on the euro car parts site? Before commiting to buying one from them try Renault Parts Direct, I wouldn't be surprised if they work out slightly cheaper, and it'll be a genuine alternator too
Yeah I work at euros gets me good discount haha