ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aluminum Bonnet 172 ph1, Rare / Expensive / Real?

Ph1 172
Can you get or could you get an aluminum bonnet for a ph1 172?

Are they rare?

Are they expensive?

Need to get a new bonnet for my car and someone where i was working said his 172, when he had it had a ali bonnet? is he talking s**t or where they an extra or something?

Cheers

Paul

phase 1 flamer 172
there is something about these on here recently, believe the early cars had them then went to steel, (for cost reasons) i would guess

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i was thinking about this today cos im going to view a black ph1 tomorrow and the lad who is on here reackons it has 1. i always thought that only the early titanium silvers got them. any published numbers of production?

Stagecoach Ticket
There is one on mine and it is mentally light

2000 plate Titanium silver

as above tonys right only came on the earlier models not sure of the reason behind it

if your local you can come have a look mate

J

Ph1 172
i'm in Portsmouth mate so a bit of a trek, so they do exist then lol will keep my eyes peeled for one.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
well i found 2 black ones who peeps have owned that have ally bonnet and shift light. the 1 im going to see has both. win.

53 Clio's & counting
Iv found its pix and mox, iv seen early and late ph1's with both combinations of ally/metal bonnet and shift light.

Mine is very late (May 2001) and mine has steel bonnet and no shift light

Though I think with all the metal iv cut off mine its light enough lol

Mountune Tractor
Can you get or could you get an aluminum bonnet for a ph1 172?

Are they rare?

Are they expensive?

Need to get a new bonnet for my car and someone where i was working said his 172, when he had it had a ali bonnet? is he talking s**t or where they an extra or something?

Cheers

Paul

I remember seeing your 172 up for sale, in havant or waterlooville somewhere? Get it for a decent price in the end?

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
I was amazed when i got mine a few weeks ago just how light the elusive aluminium one is. It is about a quarter of the weight of a standard bonnet at a rough guess.

Also seemed to fit better than a non sport steel bonnet too.

Ph 1 172
My w-reg 172 has alloy bonnet and shift light, think it's mainly the early cars that have these more than likely for cost issues, although on another note would it not be linked to around the same time that Renault changed the cat on them? And the alloy bonnets are crazy light wonder how much extra weight they save

182cup & 172 racecar
If it wasn't chucking it down I would go and weigh the race cars bonnet as we've never actually done this yet.

Ph1
So how much are they from Renault?

You cant buy them, dont think you ever could other than the steel ones. They probably ran out when they stopped bolting them to the ph1's hence why the later ones didnt have them.

Just for reference, the ''shift light'' was discontinued by Renault early 2001. A circular was issued by Renault to dealers explaining it