ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am i being taken for a mug?

Following on from my "i cant get my wiper off" thread. I had to take it to a garage where i hoped they would change my washer jet motor. As All of a sudden I had no water being sprayed on my windscreen.

After searching the web i found http://www.aepdirect.com/windscreen-washer-pump-twin-outlet-p5047?category_id=3808 which the garage have told me was the wrong one. :fail.

Aparently there appears to be no feed into the washer pump and I need a need ECU.
Having lack of/no mechanical knowledge I'm a bit puzzled how I need a new ECU to fix this issue?

Anybody else heard of this ?

Errr i call BS, i assume they mean the control unit for the spray / wipe not the engine control unit, its a little circuit for auto wiping / spray and wipe etc............shouldnt an expensive repair. They could also be blagging you side ways, and its just a 12v supply to the pump and a switch.......

Just check if the pumps getting 12v when you pull to spray, if it is then the pumps nuked, 2 mins to identify the problem.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
fpmsl!

I'd got down there and start talking!

Probably a fuse ffs!