ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazing hire car

172 cup 53 plate
Just arrived in Bulgaria yesterday to start some work on the volvo world match play golf. As im here for a month i needed to find a cheap rental car so i found my self a local car hire company and booked a 4x4 car . When i arrived at the airport i was met by a very stange man who had no paper work or office to be honest not even sure if he was older than 14 but i thought im here so best see what he has. he told me to follow him to the car, as we walked to the far end of the car park he pointed to my new weapon for the month. i was waiting in antisipation on getting some cool easten block off roader so imagine my surprise when he unlocked a 1996 (i think)clio 1.2 from the passengers door (drivers door look is missing) when i asked where my 4x4 was he said this is it "she will go anywhere" any way seeing as the guy took no payment and did no car checks i figured i could just abuse it for a month and he woulkd not really care.If im honest i think he has rented me his mums car while she is on holiday or something. Where im working is basicly a building site at the moment with no real road and i have to be honest this 1.2 is amazing it drives over any terrain that gets in its way. Ground clerance is not the best and i have smashed both sills up already and for some reason it now sounds like the air filter has fallen off but im loving some clio rallying. I will post some pics of the stuff its getting put though, right now its being used as a van and has a pallet truck in the back with all the tools and 3 lads still it keeps going. :eek:

2016 Audi RS3
Took a few driving lessons in a mk1 1.2 - without doubt the slowest thing I've ever driven ;)

"If im honest i think he has rented me his mums car while she is on holiday or something" that one pushed me over the edge HAHAHAHAHA

172 cup 53 plate
ok so i finally have an internet connection out here and can up load a few pics of the hire car beast. i have had it 2 weeks now and so far the air box has snapped off the sills are smashed and it seems to leek water for the first 2 minutes of driving but its still going. oh and all the air vents inside have ratteled them self to bits. so here it is
null_zps1c3a4a6f.jpg
this was on the first day so was still clean its daily parking place
null_zpsf7676509.jpg
the hill it has to get up everynight ( the loory in the pic had been trying to get up this slope for half an hour, in the end it had to be towed up by 2 massive earth movers
IMG_2686_zps68064075.jpg
and here are a few pics of what we have been putting "george" as the clio is now known though.
IMG_2784_zpsda0736d2.jpg
IMG_2790_zps99dbff72.jpg
and the best load so far has to be
IMG_2794_zpsc277b289.jpg
i will try and get some off roading pics this week

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I take it they are not going to be to bothered when you hand it back battered?

Mec 350 slk manual
ok so i finally have an internet connection out here and can up load a few pics of the hire car beast. i have had it 2 weeks now and so far the air box has snapped off the sills are smashed and it seems to leek water for the first 2 minutes of driving but its still going. oh and all the air vents inside have ratteled them self to bits. so here it is
null_zps1c3a4a6f.jpg
this was on the first day so was still clean its daily parking place
null_zpsf7676509.jpg
the hill it has to get up everynight ( the loory in the pic had been trying to get up this slope for half an hour, in the end it had to be towed up by 2 massive earth movers
IMG_2686_zps68064075.jpg
and here are a few pics of what we have been putting "george" as the clio is now known though.
IMG_2784_zpsda0736d2.jpg
IMG_2790_zps99dbff72.jpg
and the best load so far has to be
IMG_2794_zpsc277b289.jpg
i will try and get some off roading pics this week
I love the roof rack ha.

172 cup 53 plate
well when i collected it there were no check forms filled in so im guessing they wont check on return. i will try to get some more epic pics soon