ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp cable in 2010 Clio RS 200

BMW E34 540i
Hi Guys

I'm preparing to install amp and sub in my Clio 200. I read most of the posts about amp wires in here.

Just to make sure is the plastic grommet to the engine bay is in the same place like the older models, meaning on the passenger side, under the carpet a bit under glove box ?

Another thing:
I was hoping that the standard head unit has an rca output for a amp but unfortunately it doesn't. I will need to connect the amp to the rear speakers through rca output converter. Problem is that rear speakers are located just behind front seats (where the rear passenger armrest is)

Maybe someone was doing it before and can provide some instructions how to properly dismantle the panel to gain access to the rear speakers wiring ?? Where to look for some screws or how to avoid breaking some plastic clips. (my never ending problem in R reg BMW)

will appreciate any constructive advice :)

Thanks in advance

Ph 1 172
not sure about the speakers mate but just follow the bonnet release cable and then poke the grommit through and feed the cable for tge amp job done

BMW E34 540i
not sure about the speakers mate but just follow the bonnet release cable and then poke the grommit through and feed the cable for tge amp job done

Yeah this is what I intend to do. The power cable is the least of my worries. I have the connectors schematic only for older Clio. I pulled the radio out today and back of my head unit is a bit different probably beacuse of the optional bluetooth. I hope I will be able to connect the remote wire in the right place.

Evo 8 MR
Get an aftermaket headunit and do it properly imo.

You'll only have poor quality audio if you use other workarounds in order to keep the standard unit.

BMW E34 540i
Get an aftermaket headunit and do it properly imo.

You'll only have poor quality audio if you use other workarounds in order to keep the standard unit.

Correct me If I'm wrong - bluetooth is build in in the radio as well so I will need to buy quite expensive new headunit to have the same features ?
Will the display on top on the dashboard work with different radio ?

For now I would rather go budget option

Anyway I am broke :)

Gordini Clio 128
Did you get it done Mate? I'm having trouble running a live through the BulkHead, I cannot find anywhere suitable (Clio 128 Gordini)

Any help would be amazing.

STEALTH RAIDER
My 200 has had a sub and amp installed from the standard head unit. The live in mine comes up through the bulk head from the left hand side of the battery. Im guessing Remi that you have bought new front/rear door speakers too? If so, i have fitted all door speakers and they don't need amping. The 300w sub i have is more than capable of very good bass and the new door speakers will provide the treble etc. The amped door speakers will drown the bass out of the boot sub. Bass on +3 for me is very good. Only little bass is needed from the door speakers because you will find the subs bass will travel to the front.