ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amp wire help

Seat Leon FR

just got a 640W max amp and i have got a 10 gauge cable kit as well. what im wanting to know is if i can use that 10 gauge? i know i should really have at least 8 gauge wire but can i get away with using the 10 gauge? what will happen if i do and wahts the difference (other than the thicknes of wire?
if i really do have to get 8 gauge wire do you think halfords would do me a swap if i paid the difference even tho i dont have a recipt.

thanks guys, i know you wont fail me

although it would probably still work (testing limits) it wouldnt be covered by them if it did go wrong, Id go for the thickest wire you can, lol it sounds better too :D

silver valver/hybrid

i wouldnt risk using the 10 guage, it may be ok, but it really would be on the maximum limit, better to be safe than sorry. id rather pay a few more quid for a decent amp wiring kit rather than replacing a burnt out shell of a car.