ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp wires (pic)

Clio Billabong 1.2
Hi, I don't have the manual that came with my amp and I don't know too much about audio.

All I want to know is which wires go where on the amp?

JBL-GTO-40002.jpg

2 wires are in my boot at the moment, there's a thick blue wire which is attached to the battery, and a kind of silver wire. Where do these go on the amp?

Also, what is the thin blue wire for? (in the pic)

Thanks.

VaVa
Thin blue wire most likely remote power. A switched supply from your headunit/ignition.

Four channel amp, one channel per 6x9 and other two channels bridged for sub.

Fused supply from battery and as short a negative wire as possible to some bare meta.

VaVa
Where do they come from?! Is the thick blue wire is attatched to the positive side of the battery? Where is the other 'silver' wire connected?

Clio Billabong 1.2
The thick blue wire is attached to the battery.
The silver wire is really short, and attached to the chassis just below the boot floor.
I'm not too sure where the thin wire goes.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
left hand side of the pic on either side of where the little blue one connects to the amp one will be + the other - attach the blue one that gos to your battry to the + side
and the one that goes to the chassis to the - side

Clio Billabong 1.2
left hand side of the pic on either side of where the little blue one connects to the amp one will be + the other - attach the blue one that gos to your battry to the + side
and the one that goes to the chassis to the - side

Thanks a lot mate.
So I now know the silvery wire is the earth wire.
What is the thin blue wire for?
And what is the thick blue wire for?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the thick blue wire provides power to the amp directly form the battry

the thin blue wire attachs to the back of your headunit and tells the amp to turn on when the headunit is on

SLK 350
Thick Blue = Power, goes to +12V on the amp.
Thin Blue = Remote lead, goes to REM on your amp.

Wire your 6x9 into correct polarity.

(This is where I failed first time around) Makes sure you have a decent gauge ground lead connected to the car, It was recommended too me to use the middle rear seatbelt mount which is found in the boot, behind the carpet on the left side (kinda above the courtesy light), undo the single bolt and sand down the paint to the bare metal. Then use an 'O' ring or Fork adapter to attach your ground.

Clio Billabong 1.2
Thick Blue = Power, goes to +12V on the amp.
Thin Blue = Remote lead, goes to REM on your amp.

Wire your 6x9 into correct polarity.

(This is where I failed first time around) Makes sure you have a decent gauge ground lead connected to the car, It was recommended too me to use the middle rear seatbelt mount which is found in the boot, behind the carpet on the left side (kinda above the courtesy light), undo the single bolt and sand down the paint to the bare metal. Then use an 'O' ring or Fork adapter to attach your ground.

Ah right cheers. So when I connect all these wires do I need to dis-connect any wires that are already in?
Does it need to be done in any specific order, with the engine off?

SLK 350
Engine/Ignition set to off.

Plug them in any order you wish, any problems PM me. I installed a JBL amp only last week.