ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amped Speaker Problems

I have noticed everytime I switch off my ignition, if the stereo is still playing i get a pop and crackle out of the amped speakers (but not the un amped ones). Not really a problem, but the thing that is annoying is that I get a whining noise thats in tune with my engine. If I rev it whirs louder and at a higher pitch. It sounds a bit like a rally cars turbo, and at first I liked it. But its just getting annoying now. I have heared it on a few cars with the audio system modified. I just wondered if you guys had any ideas whats causing it. It has only started doing it since I amped up the speakers. Was always fine before.

Paul

Its attatched onto my home made seat frame. I was thinking it might be that, but I couldnt understand why. But the amp is also attatched to the same seat frame, but at a different part.

Paul

hmmmm,

well it cant be interferance from that then, its not electrical

does the power cable go anywhere near any mechanical parts in the engine bay???

and have you checked that the rca, speaker and power cables are nowhere near each other??

silver valver/hybrid

have you got a seperate eqauliser or crossover, cus i know these can cause major interference! ive always run, power cable and remote live down drivers side (cus all the power cables for brakelights etc are on this side) and then R.C.A/speaker cables down passenger side. Never had interference problems, not even im my mates ford fiesta.

no

they just mask the noise

why cover a fault, when it can be solved (may take a bit of work though)

The wires only really come together when they join at the amp. Its a very simple setup and is using the same cabling that was proffesionally fitted (I didnt know enough when i got my car) when i got my sub and amp. But then again if it was wrong that kind of noise wouldnt be noticble on a sub thats hidden in the boot would it?

Paul