ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amping up standard speakers

White Sti Hatch
As the meg is limited to what speakers i can fit and also that its a c**t to do was looking at amping up the standard system as it is, worth while or just a waste of time ?

Was looking at the new alpine solution KTP-445 just due to the ease of installation. Anyone had any dealing with it ?

FF 182 Sport
got a ktp-445 - but thats just for alpine headunits - works well but cant remove bass like a proper amp - so id just amp them up - chances are though u will blow them.

im running fli components in the rear and fli 3 way fronts off the ktp-445 and a 12" sub in the boot with quick release - however previously i amped all door speakers and dash tweeters and ran 0 bass through themand left the sub for taht - it was muuuuuch better! full volume - deafening and no distortion - in a nutshell pay a shop to fit you a £50 amp for £50 and thats what you will pay for the 445...job done!

White Sti Hatch
ive got the IDA X100 so itll work, just looking for a bit better sound quality over anything

FF 182 Sport
same setup as me then - hmmmmm - id say it will make a difference but for me - its not great - i wish id stuck with original amped setup but front speakers were a biatch!