ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

an evenings fun...

Have just played traffic lights grand prix with an RSi, all credit to the lad, his car put up a good fight, but I had to give it 6500 in 2nd and had to stop at 60mph cos it was gettin a bit daft, but he pulled alongside at some lights and we exchanged quick greetings and he said, "didnt really have a chance did I? mines only a 1.8". This was coming off the M60 into oldham, much fun. Had my best mate in the car with me too, were both giggling like kids. Much fun, thought he had a 1.4 as we started off the line so got a bit of a fright as he wasnt the expected distance behind me.

Also had some fun on the M-way earlier with a guy doing 95mph in a 1.2 eXtreme, would let him edge close to overtaking, then blast away, did this twice, and overtook him a couple of times, Ill be honest it was showing off, and it was hardly fair but he was doing 95 in a 1.2, thats asking for it in my book!

Was all good friendly fun as he gave me a cheeky middle finger and a grin, hehe, someone take this car off me before I marry her!

lol, true that!

I build up some revs first, let it off easy and as soon as you feel it move forward a little I let the clutch go, sort of a mini rolling start. If you let the power out all in one go you will smoke your tyres. Im talking about centimeters worth of a rolling start here, not even really noticeable, except for the lack of smoke.

Well, thats my way of doing it, Im sure there are countless better ways, but I have had to develop that technique in a day or two, didnt have to do that in the old 1.2!

williams and trophy

dave mate where u from???????

will have to have a meet up sometime so then u will know how humbling it is to have a SUPERIOR clio lining up next to you hahahahahahahaha

only jokin mate lol

im not far off roch/oldham meself and will be good to put the willy up against a cup

cheers

jon