ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

an ideal invention....

V6 Exige, GTR R35

ive been done for speeding by mobile speed cameras twice in the last 6 months...:mad:

yeah some of you might say dont speed - ut the most recent one ws for doing only 82mph..... 100+ and i might actually agree.

however ive got an origin b2 which went off but probably the samer time the picture of me was taken, therefor too late....

so the last few days ive been racking my brains... and this is what ive com up with!

okay its some sort of illuminated number plate (not sure how it would operate!) and its connected to an origin b2 or a road angel - when the unit detects a laser being pointed at it it switches the illumination off! of course there would be an override switch.....

Id say that the chances of a mobile camera unit are slightly slim and the chances of getting away would be pretty good.....

maybe a bit far fetched but what do you think!! :eek:

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Theyll f**k around with the picture and find out your reg no and then they do you for trying to avoid getting caught. Not worth the hassel IMO, get tomtom with a decent speed camera overlay instead and set it up to warn you well in advance.

"Navy" N17 TWO

^What they say.....also -

what are tracks for?

Dont want to kill your thrill but your thrill could kill someone! - even yourself :cry:

A speeding ticket will be the least of your worries then!

tiTTy & SV650

the chances of a mobile camera unit are slightly slim

yet twice youve been done by them?

"Navy" N17 TWO

pheeew!

Even the police would probably laugh at you anyway :p then book you for anything they can find an excuse for :sick:

Beetle

yer and then you could cover the car in a big sheet and just cut two eyes holes where the windscreen is:p;)

tbh thats what track days are for, imo your best bet would be to upgrade to a better detector thing, thatll probably save you more points and hassle in the future

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs

God there are some serious people on here. The police are getting away with handing out too many speeding tickets and not even in the name of safety. I have now been done for speeding 5 times in as many years, and all but one of those were after midnight and only exceeding the speed limit by about 10mph.

Its ok saying thats what track days are for, but what is the point really in paying higher insurance premiums,tax,and fuel costs for running a car such as a 182, and then driving it like it where a 1.2? I agree that some people speed irresponasbly through housing estates and town and citys etc, but most people are being caught speeding on by-passes,motorwats and dual carriageways, where there is little risk of causing an accident. And the if there is a child playing in the middle of a motorway, the question has to be asked what they are doing there??

V6 Exige, GTR R35

^^^ cheers mate i totally agree and if you seen the mobile speed camera about here in fife you would see why!!

no point me having a 172 any more i might as well drive about in an old clapped out fiesta.

ive been done twice in the last 6 months for 82 and 83 mph - speeding i know but people were still passing me. i would understand if i was doing 100+......

really winds me up

V6 Exige, GTR R35

^^^ cheers mate i totally agree and if you seen the mobile speed camera about here in fife you would see why!!

no point me having a 172 any more i might as well drive about in an old clapped out fiesta.

ive been done twice in the last 6 months for 82 and 83 mph - speeding i know but people were still passing me. i would understand if i was doing 100+......

really winds me up

and scott1987 the origin b2 is the best on the market..... no beating mobile speed cameras!:p

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Like I said, get TomTom with a decent speed camera overlay. If you set it up right you should get plenty of notice. You might get a few false ones from cameras on the other side of the road but its better than getting caught. Im fairly sure GPS based setups are still legal aswell.

V6 Exige, GTR R35

^^^^ already got an origin b2 mate - it has gps but no speed camera derector detects mobile speed cameras until its too late - as ive found out!!