ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Andrew_P's Racing Blue Clio 182 FF

Back in February, after having my lovely, low mileage 172 for almost 5 years, I decided to sell it as I fancied a change and I'd always wanted to try a Honda Civic Type R. The car was sold to @AdamB182 and I found a really well kept 2010 Civic FN2. Six months later the FN2 is up for sale and I'm back in a Clio :smile:

For those that are interested, despite some negative reviews, I really like the FN2. Used as my daily it can be be credited with great build quality, a fabulous gearbox and engine and a lovely interior. However, I missed the sparkle of the Clio's handling which is a cut above the Civic which can feel slightly inert and the Clio's sense of fun when driven on my B road commute. So, thanks to @R-Sport Cars LTD I'm now the owner of this beautiful Cup Packed RB 182 FF. It's done just over 44k miles, has full history and is in genuinely stunning condition.

RtOar6pl.jpg

mAV0WMAs.jpg

I messaged Steve a few weeks ago to see if he had anything and unusually for me, my timing was spot on as he was just in the process of getting it. Lots of PMs later, we agreed the sale and I picked it up last weekend. I cannot thank Steve enough, what a great bloke and he really went the extra mile to make sure the car was spot on when I collected it. There's not a mark on the paint and it even has the original splitter and also the original exhaust which in great condition bizarrely! Inside, it's mint and it's finished off with a Snappy wheel.

lRF8TQqq.jpg

4E2s5DAb.jpg

The only plans I have for it are to put some Cooksports on it (as it's on stilts right now and I had the same springs on my 172) and also to sell the standard exhaust on and replace it with a stainless of some sort. Longer term, I may replace the seats with some Recaros as the Honda CTR seats have really spoiled me these past few months! The car will be my daily for the next couple of years however my annual mileage is only 4k and then it will go in the garage and be kept forever next to my cherished 1991 white 1.9 205 GTi.

I'll keep this thread updates as I go and get some better pictures at the weekend :)

Titanium 182 FF
Back in February, after having my lovely, low mileage 172 for almost 5 years, I decided to sell it as I fancied a change and I'd always wanted to try a Honda Civic Type R. The car was sold to @AdamB182 and I found a really well kept 2010 Civic FN2. Six months later the FN2 is up for sale and I'm back in a Clio :smile:

For those that are interested, despite some negative reviews, I really like the FN2. Used as my daily it can be be credited with great build quality, a fabulous gearbox and engine and a lovely interior. However, I missed the sparkle of the Clio's handling which is a cut above the Civic which can feel slightly inert and the Clio's sense of fun when driven on my B road commute. So, thanks to @R-Sport Cars LTD I'm now the owner of this beautiful Cup Packed RB 182 FF. It's done just over 44k miles, has full history and is in genuinely stunning condition.

RtOar6pl.jpg

mAV0WMAs.jpg

I messaged Steve a few weeks ago to see if he had anything and unusually for me, my timing was spot on as he was just in the process of getting it. Lots of PMs later, we agreed the sale and I picked it up last weekend. I cannot thank Steve enough, what a great bloke and he really went the extra mile to make sure the car was spot on when I collected it. There's not a mark on the paint and it even has the original splitter and also the original exhaust which in great condition bizarrely! Inside, it's mint and it's finished off with a Snappy wheel.

lRF8TQqq.jpg

4E2s5DAb.jpg

The only plans I have for it are to put some Cooksports on it (as it's on stilts right now and I had the same springs on my 172) and also to sell the standard exhaust on and replace it with a stainless of some sort. Longer term, I may replace the seats with some Recaros as the Honda CTR seats have really spoiled me these past few months! The car will be my daily for the next couple of years however my annual mileage is only 4k and then it will go in the garage and be kept forever next to my cherished 1991 white 1.9 205 GTi.

I'll keep this thread updates as I go and get some better pictures at the weekend :smile:
Love an RB ! , Test drove a FN2 last year and loved it but couldn't afford the loan at the time nice to hear i made the right choice and got a 182 instead haha.

That looks stunning, sounds like you couldn't have timed that better as you said :up: Thought my Arctic 182 was good on 70k but 44k, wow!

Interesting about the Civic, I've had 2 EP3 Type-R's, a 2003 anniversary pre-facelift and a 2005 cosmic grey facelift, great cars but when I took the grey one on track, just wasn't that impressed! I was always under the impression the FN2 was a bit slower as heavier but that might be complete rubbish as I've never driven one, just been a passenger and the build quality was great as you said! Was very quick tho! Now I have my first 182, I can defo see why you went back to the Clio as these are great little cars :grinning:

Any pics of the 205?

Thanks all, I'm really pleased with the 182 :smile:

Steve, funny you should mention EP3s, I did look seriously at them but I was put off by the fact I couldn't find a really decent, well looked after one in the time I was looking, and also reading the reviews it seemed (almost) like a sideways step from my 172 in terms of build quality. I test drove the FN2 and liked it, plus all the reviews I read said it was the sort of car that takes a while to gel with you. Sadly, it didn't though. Whilst it had a lot of good points, the extra weight was obvious and as I said above it lacked that sparkle in the handling. It was quick in a straight line (low ratio gearbox helped here) but ultimately didn't entertain me. I also thought about an n/a 200 but really my heart was set on a 182.

I've got no decent pictures of the 205 right now, it's currently in the garage on axle stands having a bit of TLC (I've completely rebuild and refurb'd the brakes and calipers) once I've finished I'll stick a thread up with some pictures. The car is quite special though, it's a 91 J in alpine white and its one of the last of the non-pas, non-cat cars. It's also a non-sunroof car and looks completely standard from the outside, even down to the OEM exhaust. It does however have Eibach Springs, Bilstein dampers and a Pug Performance flowed head with a lumpy Piper cam for a bit of extra go!

Anyway, onwards and upwards with the 182, I'll be ordering some new shiny bits in the next few weeks :cool::up: