ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Froyo.

182FF with cup packs
You can grab android 2.2 if you have a Nexus One.

Paul @ Modaco has worked his magic an you can install it from recovery over any other rom. No need to go back to stock/unrooted!

He'll have a release for the Desire in the next couple of days (and the Desire Nexus port)

There have been reports of upto 450% speed increase in Linpack benchmarks!!!

I have a feeling that when its released as an OTA update for Desire users that there may be a hell of a lot of defections from the iPhone unless the next iPhone does something spectacular.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Hoping it won't take long for HTC to get sense ui sorted for 2.2 so the OTA update comes quickly :approve:

182FF with cup packs
Well, I'm now running FroYo on my Nexus.

Exchange sync now supports Calander (and remote exchange profiles/remote wiping etc). Comes with WiFi tethering. Now has 270 degree screen rotation. (so it doesn't matter which way up you hold it in landscape mode).

There is now an option to install apps to the SD Card without having to root and install Apps2SD or similar (though the apps have to support it).

Can install Flash 10.1, so no more flash-lite.

I can't wait until the custom versions start comming out.

Oh, and as for speed increases, my Linpack score on 2.1 was 6.994 MFlops, linpack on 2.2 is 33.623 MFlops. :eek:

182FF with cup packs
Well flash 10.1 seems to work OK. At the moment you don't seem to be able to make it full screen, so you have to zoom the page its contained in around it. But it'll play flash-video without a hitch.

What's nice is that if you type the address "about:debug" into the address bar, then go to settings, you can change the User-Agent header string from android to Desktop so you don't get auto-redirected to mobile sites. Very handy if trying to watch p**n on the go.