ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Vs Windows Phone 7

Mk2 Golf GTI
Will anybody be jumping on the windows phone bandwagon when it's released? I'm not sure where to go next. Moving away from blackberry but dont want to shell out on iphone contracts, especially considering I have an ipod touch for most of the apps I'd use anyway. I also like having a separate ipod so I dont rinse the phone battery.

So I'm hanging on for the Desire HD or whatever good Windows mobile comes out.

Just after some opinions on pros and cons of each, if anybody knows?

I do prefer the look of the android interface but that's about as far as my comparison goes so far!

WM will have had to improve a hell of a lot over previous versions to change my mind, also not keen on the look of the tiles etc, so android for me atm.

Audi TT 225
I'm with Picard tbh. I don't even use windows on any of my workstations so will never use it on my mobile.

picard_uses_android.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm not sure. I've got an HTC Hero and love the hardware so definitely going for another HTC. But not sure whether to keep with Android or Windows 7...for me it depends how good the Xbox Live Avatar bit is. Android is slick and really good but lack of really good games on it. I love all the other little bits on it too, so much customisation etc. Think best bet is wait until Windows Phone 7 is properly in the market place too early to say right now I think.

Clio 182 cup'd
Windows phone 7 appears to have very good backing for games, electronic arts are on board, so that pretty much covers most of the games these days.

The lack of copy and paste is the main thing that bothers me along with multi tasking, on a positive though I like the styling of the tiles, looks refreshing, and in my opinion looks nicer than htc sence android and ios4.

I'll wait to have a play with one before I write it off just because it's made by MS!

330 Ci
I jumped on the WP7 bandwagon then jumped off as soon as i could!

Android phones are far better if you want a smart phone that allows you to tweak it and make the most of the phone and the excellent OS (everything that you'd have to hack an iphone to achieve).

Buy a WP7 if you want a phone thats smart but limits how much you can tweak it.. also buy one if you like Zune.... In fact - download Zune from microsoft, see how you find the interface (it overflows off every page - i hated it). If you like it get one, if you don't - don't buy a WP7 as thats what the interface is like.. go Android.

Also, WP7 is wasted on larger phones - the whole idea behind it is that its mininimal, so if you go WP7 i'd personally go for a smaller handset as unless you watch movies on it, shiz like HD7's is overkill.