ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android > iOS

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi my mum might be having my iPhone 6 when I upgrade to the iPhone X this month... at the moment she has a Moto G (which is dying big time)

She's apprehensive about a couple of things that she relies on heavily, namely using the Google Assistant straight from the home screen, and the Google news feed being just a left swipe away. Do you know if there's anything similar on iOS? Is there a Google Assistant app? Thinking that might work in the same way, just being one extra click... as for the news feed I don't know. There are widgets for iOS but they're not very good. Is there a Google one or something similar/better? She's mainly after celebrity news etc. as buys this weird thing called a 'newspaper' for proper news :laughing:

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Was ready to slate in here, read the title as android greater than IOS lol.

In reference best thing is to just give her it and let her figure out. Thats what i done with my mum (no) and she is spot on now.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
There's a Google Assistant app you can use. Can set it up as a widget so you'll only have to swipe to access it. Won't replace Siri completely which is unfortunate.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yes Siri is f**king awful. I want to download as much stuff as I can to help the transition before handing it over as she's not all that good with technology really, so I'll get the Assistant app and have a look :)