ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android tablet help/advice (Fire 7/8)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi guys,

I'm currently planning to buy my nieces an Android tablet each for Christmas, just for long car journeys etc and have been looking at the Amazon Fire range.

When looking on Argos, I can see a kids version (here) and an adults/regular version (here) - my question is: Are they literally the same tablet? I'm assuming one is just signed in on a childs profile hence the GUI and one is on an adult profile? I understand the childs' version comes with the case but even buying the adult version and the case separately saves me £15 on each tablet.

I don't know too much when it comes down to Android but I'm not sure wether to go for 2x kids tablets, or 2x adult tablets and put a child only profile on there? I'm not sure if this could affect or mess up any parental controls from the master account which will be controlled by my sister?

I know this post is a bit meh but wondering if there's a significant difference in the two that warrants the extra £15 per tablet/case?

Cheers

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just using my eyes but the kids one seems infinitely replaceable for free when they destroy it ?

Other than that, again just using my eyes, the stats look exceptionally similar.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Just using my eyes but the kids one seems infinitely replaceable for free when they destroy it ?

Other than that, again just using my eyes, the stats look exceptionally similar.
Yeah, noticed that in the end. Worth the £15 alone. The kids version comes with some kids entertainment subscription too.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah we've ran out of the free subscription and it's now £2 per month for the kids profile thing..
We've replaced it once, no hastle, just sent it off after speaking to them. I thought it was only in the first 2 years though but I might be wrong.

It's slow. It's really slow. The case is good though if they are prone to dropping things.

We only use it when on long car journeys or if he's reading a book from school on their app. He doesn't sit all day on it He's 5 so not sure what apps your nieces use but what our boy uses run ok.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah we've ran out of the free subscription and it's now £2 per month for the kids profile thing..
We've replaced it once, no hastle, just sent it off after speaking to them. I thought it was only in the first 2 years though but I might be wrong.

It's slow. It's really slow. The case is good though if they are prone to dropping things.

We only use it when on long car journeys or if he's reading a book from school on their app. He doesn't sit all day on it He's 5 so not sure what apps your nieces use but what our boy uses run ok.
Cheers dude! Nieces are same age bracket as your son really so will only be using it for drawing apps, watching stuff on journeys etc. Appreciate it mate.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My kids are absolute Terrorists (the youngest one had 114 YouTube tabs open 😂) and they have had theirs for a year now. Been bloody brilliant and so far indestructible with a decent case on them. I’d definitely recommend them.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my wee girl had an original kids one from 5 years ago, they are bomb proof and we never had to use the replacement, ive since replaced it with "adult" versions when new versions have been released and just pop it in the rubber case thing to protect it and its been perfect.

shes now got a latest version of the 7 (think were on the 8th gen now?) loaded up with the google play store and all her favourite apps etc and uses it for her homework. Ive got her an 8" HD one to replace it with for xmas for a bit more power

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
My kids are absolute Terrorists (the youngest one had 114 YouTube tabs open 😂) and they have had theirs for a year now. Been bloody brilliant and so far indestructible with a decent case on them. I’d definitely recommend them.

my wee girl had an original kids one from 5 years ago, they are bomb proof and we never had to use the replacement, ive since replaced it with "adult" versions when new versions have been released and just pop it in the rubber case thing to protect it and its been perfect.

shes now got a latest version of the 7 (think were on the 8th gen now?) loaded up with the google play store and all her favourite apps etc and uses it for her homework. Ive got her an 8" HD one to replace it with for xmas for a bit more power

Cheers guys! Just ordered them one each. Definitely worth the £15 more for that warranty - had a look in to it and apparently it’s no questions asked/no diagnostic tests, just a like for like replacement. Brilliant.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Decent service. We bought the little guy one for going to Mexico and had been great. I couldn't use one personally but decent enough especially with Google services on it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They can take a micro SD card as well, which is good for filling with movies and music if it's going to be used while on the move.