ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AngelWorks Inlet manifold mod

193 mk2
Hi people, its matt and it was my car ben did the inlet manifold for and i can say its f**king amazing!!! increased tourque with a better curve and a 13 bhp difference in independent back to back rr runs. for £126 in my mind there is no better mode for your money!!! my car is no longer a fake 172 its a genuine 182 lol.
THANKS ben i'm well chuffed!!! u the man lol

Glad it worked out well Matt, thanks for comming so far.

Honestly one of the nicest customers i've ever had.....even made me and the others a cup of tea!!!!!

Dirty E91
Was wondering about the whole warranty/insurance aspect of this, will it noticable from the outside that it's been changed over?

Not very mechanical so thought I should ask before maybe trying to sweet talk the missus!

Ph1
martynh said:
Was wondering about the whole warranty/insurance aspect of this, will it noticable from the outside that it's been changed over?

Not very mechanical so thought I should ask before maybe trying to sweet talk the missus!

No its all internal work. As for the insurance and the warranty even if they took the motor to bits they wouldnt be able to tell.

All it is shaving metal

Dirty E91
Andyman said:
No its all internal work. As for the insurance and the warranty even if they took the motor to bits they wouldnt be able to tell.

All it is shaving metal

Is there any chance of the work making the car worse or is it pretty much guaranteed to give an increase?

And do I sound paranoid?

Ph1
martynh said:
Is there any chance of the work making the car worse or is it pretty much guaranteed to give an increase?

And do I sound paranoid?

No it won't make the car ''worse'' as you put it. The only thing it ''might'' do is run a little lean and to get the best out of it i'd personally get a re-map but you'd have to speak to Ben cos im not a expert.

I got mine done in conjunction with cam's head work etc etc

Its well worth doing and for that price tho.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Renault prob based the map on a perfect blueprinted engine and then mapped to safely allow use of low quality fuel.

No doubt gains could be found from a remap but i dont expect the car would run lean enough to cause a problem with just a polished & matched inlet.

German Barge
ben, are you able to offer this on a v6 engine?

just curious, as im not sure if you have done it before, or know if its worth doing? you can get me on msn mate, or pm me ;)

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Would there be similar gains on a standard 182 as well by doing this?
So do you have to the car whilst you are doing this, or is it possible to buy another manifold and have to work done to that then fit it when its done?

Cheers, Mike

VaVa
Brilliant work. And cheap as chips too!!

You'll be making a loss Ben if you keep doing it at that price!! :clown:

Last edited:
  182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
If only people knew the amount of hard work Ben puts in....he's a perfectionist and produces first rate work everytime....and at a good price also!

There are people out there that have the fancy workshops and the so called 'expertise' and 'reputation' that alot of people trust but the work they churn out is poor.

I think a GDI/AWT reality tv show should be on the cards lol....american chopper/hotrod style pmsl, i can see it now!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Was referring to the fact that i doubt Ben would undercut himself cost wise. And indeed a applaude the work, seems like a good amount of bang for buck.

Although how much would a remap be to get the most of it?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
If you wrote the car off there is a possibility that the insurance company could have the engine stripped down and for the person that said they wouldnt be able to tell your wrong there not as stupid as you think,a lad off the RTOC had a R5 raider which set on fire on the side of the road and the insurance had the car in stripped it down and found the head had been modified and he never got a penny,but the tuning companyare supposed to tell you that before you have any work done

clio 197 f1
i run a bodyshop and deal with writen off cars and insurance companies all the time and never once have they even took more than a passing glance of the engine, if theres nothing to see on the outside they aint gonna look inside, unless you've got a great big air filter bolted on and fancy coloured hoses every where they wont be interested

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
jas1 said:
i run a bodyshop and deal with writen off cars and insurance companies all the time and never once have they even took more than a passing glance of the engine, if theres nothing to see on the outside they aint gonna look inside, unless you've got a great big air filter bolted on and fancy coloured hoses every where they wont be interested

I'm only basing what i said on facts

But i think the point jas1 is making that, if you keep your car mods subtle and incognito they wouldn't suspect anything other than what was in front of them. If you bolt on bodykits/spoilers and decals all over your R5 which also housed Samco hoses and numerous other mods - in which case theres more chance they will find something you 'forgot' to declare which will void your insurance.

Eitherway, unless they made a direct comparison theres no way of knowing.

But back on topic eh?

Insurance is iffy, if they look and know what to look for, they can tell. But the beauty of the mod is that you cant tell the engine apart from std outside, and would need a good reason to go digging about inside.

BigChris said:
ben, are you able to offer this on a v6 engine?

just curious, as im not sure if you have done it before, or know if its worth doing? you can get me on msn mate, or pm me ;)

Yup, V6;s no problem....although the plastic manifold doesnt help matters.

Racin Blue 182
Mike-bham said:
So do you have to the car whilst you are doing this, or is it possible to buy another manifold and have to work done to that then fit it when its done?

Cheers, Mike

Yes, I was wondering this too, is it 'do-able' to a 182 for similar money and gains?

Cheers

182 uses the same inlet manifold, so exactly the same work is available.

But gains tend to be slightly less.

So ben how much for a remap and the manifold work mate? You can PM me if thats easier.

172 Cup
Mike-bham said:

Cheers, Mike

Could you answer these questions Ben mate, im very interested. Would i need a spare manifold? Could you remap it? If so for what price?

Sorry, didnt notice them.

The gains would be similar on the 182 yes, its the same manifold.

I can rework a manifold prior to bringing the car in yes, best if you can supply one as i cant always gaurantee i will have one in stock.

Remap is available via the use of a piggy back SMT6 unit. Supplied, Fitted and mapped for £500+vat.

German Barge
get in touch with me ben, ill come up and have this done to the vee when you are free... give me a shout on msn.