ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AngelWorks Technologies - V6 exhaust

Thanks for correcting my English!! Loony has rephrased it perfectly.

To be honest, Im not one for overly loud exhausts - it might sound great for the first 10 minutes but you soon get tired of it. Depends how/how often you drive your car.

I know what you mean. If I was using it every day I wouldnt have opted for it. But luckily its a second car and Ive invested in some ear plugs too!!:)

Mitch

Lol, its not THAT loud!

A quieter system, possibly, but its all been developed now and altering the system design, especially internal baffles is something i would have to check to make sure it doesnt affect cost. If your interested i will certainly get on the case.

Performance should not be affected, so long as the baffle design isnt majorly altered.

lol, yea....they are instanely loud without the engine cover.....add bodies and itll sound nice aswell! haha

Cheers for the prices via PM BenR :eek: ... and for clarifying there wasnt a typo in all those zeros in it!! A beautifully crafted system and no doubt well worth the investment for the power increase alone for those with plenty of spare cash! Great to see someone investing time in improving the Vee too....keep up the great work!

James

i think its great. there is nobody that is tuning the V6 and now Ben has some monster tuning packages available, which is quiet exciting, maybe i dont need that TVR after all.

:D

In a strange kind of way the V6 is more special than a TVR. I used to be a TVR dealer years ago. The Chimaera and Griffith were the best cars they ever made and its been downhill ever since. Get one of Bens exhausts and youll forget all about TVRs believe me.:D

Mitch

mitch_ >> how about making an in-car vid/soundtrack to allow us all to experience the BenR tuned Vee?!

Ill do my best to record something tomorrow. Ill try and do some proper stuff outside as thats where she really shines.;)

Mitch

ah but a TVR tuscan R is frighteningly fast!

anyhow, im not going to part with the Vee for a while yet, throttle bodies here i come!!

Quote: Originally posted by James on 02 February 2005

When fitting this exhaust ( or any other ) do you need to adjust the engine management thingy wotsit?
Nope, you dont have to.

But ofcourse, things are optimised if you do and will result in a stronger, more linear AFR graph.....thus more torque and power than the system alone.

S2000

Is there still a benefit to matching the inlet and exhaust manifold? Or is that irrelevant with this new exhaust?

W

as long as you pass your emissions test its fine. and you will as the mot emissions test is nothing like the euro4 emissions laws the car is designed to meet.

Sorry JJ I didnt get to do it yesterday, its going to take me a little while but Ill let you know when Ive managed it. The system has settled down now and Im loving it to little pieces. Cant wait to take her on track now.

Mitch

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

with the gains this exhaust is making, mapping may well produce a smoother power curve. along with the inlet manifold work it will be a much more powerfull and tractable car to drive....

the SMT7 will work on the V6 to optimise the power and delivery. should be interesting

I will offer a development price to the first person who wishes to take up the SMT7 on the V6 and get it mapped.

Andy

GDI

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 04 February 2005
it will be VERY reasonably priced mate...!!!! ;-)

lol not reasonably enough at the moment :(

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 04 February 2005
someone mention burgers ?

No, just man baps! ;)

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 04 February 2005
how do you know!!!! could sort you a super duper deal....

PM me :)