ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AngelWorks Website LIVE!

Finally, after what seems years of change after change, the AWT website is now live.

Its not finished and there is alot still to put up, but that will be added as things move along.

A massive thanks to Craig (Adams_16V) who put in more time, effort and design though into this than was really neccesary. If anybody needs a website, i highly reccomend him, there was not one single thing he could not accomodate with.

Any comments about the site to improce it, little things missing or wrong, are most welcome.

Thanks

Ben

www.angel-works.co.uk

Clio v6
Website looks nice and tidy but I didn't understand a word of all the techno babble. I don't have a masters in engineering lol

I expected more basic £ = bhp :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Looks superb Ben. Off topic, is the Plenham modified in your inlet work? If not, is this beneficial?

As with Oz, PM if you like. And possibly agree on the Flash front.

SLK 350
Ben whats the current lead time on manifold reworking? I'd like mine done immediately if possible, PM me if you wish - cheers.

Website looks good, although personally am not a fan of splash screens. Pointless screen and another chance for the user to leave before viewing your products. From a HCI pov its frowned upon. Part from that it's a good read.

TDI tyre shreader
Oh mate that website is awesome, the project section is really filling up my engine p**n w**k bank!!!!

Thanks guys!

Ozzyo, at the moment, there is zero available inlet manifolds for exchange, i just cant source any anywhere! If your wanting to send me yours, turnaround is less than a week, but if you require exchange then i have peolpe still waiting for a plenham :(. Is a splash screen the first initial intro? and whats an HCI? lol

Dash, techno babble is me i'm afraid...........they were all written to explain the product/service as well and simply as possible.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
ozzyo99 said:
Ben whats the current lead time on manifold reworking? I'd like mine done immediately if possible, PM me if you wish - cheers.

Website looks good, although personally am not a fan of splash screens. Pointless screen and another chance for the user to leave before viewing your products. From a HCI pov its frowned upon. Part from that it's a good read.

There is a 'skip' button for the impatient ;) Its only a quickie temporary intro, but I quite like something short and sweet to introduce a website.

It can be taken off if you prefered Ben.

len_beach said:
Looks superb Ben. Off topic, is the Plenham modified in your inlet work? If not, is this beneficial?

As with Oz, PM if you like. And possibly agree on the Flash front.

It is included yes, but not in the cut& weld manner.

Clio v6
BenR said:
Dash, techno babble is me i'm afraid...........they were all written to explain the product/service as well and simply as possible.

As said earlier "Then try and find a similar article on any of the other 'tuners' websites showcasing such knowledge and attention to detail."

I don't think I have ever come across anywhere with such detail. Those who understand what they are getting will be amazed with your efforts.

Great work Ben. :approve:

Thanks dash, really appreciated.

I'm trying to offer a see through service, nothing hidden and everything exposed.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Bens work is top notch.

My clio is current quickest n/a clio and the engine was built by the man himself! :race:

Where did you get that link from, its not part of the live website hahaha

aaronc said:
Great site ben.

You may want to remove this though:

New AWT premises 10th April 2006
Angelworks has just moved into custom built premises in ... in cambridge. The workshop is kitted out with the latest.....and has...........blah blah blah blah blach blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

located: http://www.d4wsolutions.co.uk/website_testing/angelworks_menutest/about.php#

Very nice site :)

Adams, you thought of making the padding on the nav links wider? Could have the background change a little and make all the 'button' a link instead of just the text. Just a little CSS rollover sort of thing, if ya get me

SLK 350
HCI = Human computer interface, basically its the user friendliness of the site (Jakob Nielsen was a guru, if you want to know more).

I know theres a skip button, personally its not about me being impatient. Its literally the point that splash screens are by design pointless. Its the process of having to click a button that ordinarily wouldn't be there.

Or a better example having to insert use two keys to start your car, turning one then the other. Its a pointless design, something that isn't needed. Sure it's only a 'little' thing, but personally it's I find it's indicative of home-made efforts which use about 100 .gif files to make it look pretty.

Site is fine, content is good, just a small criticism - felt it was my duty with my background :)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
its definitely there pal!

ozzy, no gif files used, just a small 30kb flash file. i've taken it off for the meantime due to some people not having the correct flash player, and iv not put a version checker in the code.

Thats a very well written piece of php, far better than the usual Nuke sites you see out there. A clean and tidy piece of web design for a company who seems to know their s**t. 10/10.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
rmccardal said:
There is always one !!! ;)

ISP ?

lol sorry mate, its doing it on a few sites for some reason today. how do i check which setting its on? it should be on automatic detect if we talking about the same thing.