ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying niggles on Valver

Firstly I love my car - she has done 112,000 trouble free miles ( apart from alternator , tb tensioner, brake hoses) just had the car MOT everything else perfect.

However the exhaust has started to rattle like a b**ch and it is pissing me off. What can I do ? I have poly x mounts on the actual back box (Magnex) which I changed about 1000 miles ago and the rest of the mounts are standard renault mounts. It rattles against something even while it is ideling which it never did before. HELP I am sure you guys will know how annoying it can be.

The other niggle with this car that has materialised is after I changed the tb tensioner about 1200 miles ago it used to misfire and hesitate on acceleration for a good 10 - 20 seconds(checked the usual, sparks, leads etc) It then stopped however sometimes when I go to pull away it hesitates for a second or to then its ok. My father says that it is nothing to do with the tb tensioner, which I agree. I have a hunch that it could be the throttle potio...meter. Any ideas gentlemen.

Thanks

Costa

Depending how low your car is you should be able to sort your exhaust out by bending a few hangers and arming yourself with some cable ties. Its probably knocking against the rear swing arm..mine did exactly the same. How long have you had your mounts? Maybe worth getting the Poly X Plus mounts which are slightly harder, worked for me.

Rattle could be as craig said on the rear beam.

OR it could be on the chassis itself on the section directly after the 90 degree bend. There is a small flange of metal (2 inch strip) that hangs down to protect the petrol tank from foreign objects below the car. Check the clearance between the exhaust and this flange!

Hesitation.......consider checking throttle position sensor

Potentiometer should never have been adjusted so its unlikely that.

First place to start is the ISCV (Idle Speed Control Valve). Give it a good clean and see how it runs after this.

Thanks for the replys people as to your questions the car is not lowered at all, so Ill jack it up tomorrow and check to see if its fouling on anything.

Cheers

Costa

Titanium 182

so ae yous saying if i was 2 lower my 16v 100mm at the rear, it would clip the exhaust?

not that i would go that low ;)