ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying Things about your Clio??

Megane Trophy
After having my car for 5 months now and racking up 3k miles ha ha!

I have a few things that i find annoying with my clio, but i still love it to bits!

Mainly concerned with the wipers :(

Whenever i just clean the car and then some t**t in front uses his washer jets i wipe mine with a quicj mist of water, and then realise the wings are covered as well due to the headlamp washers:rasp:

And theres a turbulant air patch on the screen where the water canr escape from, between the 2 wiper mechanisms, so the water just sits there even after like 5 mins after spraying the screen!

Just 2 comedy points really!

Also the knocking on full lock and squeeky suspension.

Apart from that I love it!
I have realised lift off oversteer doesnt get the rear end out, which is superb it needs a handbrake ;)

things that annoy me: i've only had it a few weeks, but the previous owner WAXED the windscreen, fooking annoying.

on a side not get matt to fcs!

MX5 turbo
This automatic wiper thing as a whole really....
if it's just lightly raining,they seem to take about 5 mins to get going properly.so you can't see a thing,then you stop at some lights and they're going full speed !.Grrrrrrrr !!!
All i want is just a flick wipe.
Also,the turning circle's a bit of a joke.
But all in all,the positive's outweigh the negative's.

Striped track ****
i got a mk1

but things that have anoyed me is that my horn doesnt work getting fixed
interior light doesnt work due to the sun roof leaking
interior clock doesnt work

no there just silly but there still anoying

Megane225FF
hehe
I've noticed that patch on the windscreen where the water just stays there & dances merrily without wanting to f.k off..

cock mobile.
The seating position, the seating position, the seating position, the seating position, the seating position.

!!

Megane Trophy
I actually quite like the driving position in my clio!

Seems about right for me, i can imagine if you was tall it would be a different story!

None
Things that annoy me with my mk1:

- Sunroof rattle. Sounds like theres a few lose nuts rolling around sometimes
- Boot door out of line
- Not low enough
- Interior scratches/marks so easily
- Exhuast knocks

All of the above will be fixed evenutally

silver cup packed FF 182
the knocking noise on the front suspension could be the driveshaft,as my mates 172 had problems knocking/sqeaking on the front suspension and he was told it was the driveshaft that needs replacing.

Golf R/Leon FR
just the rattles inside that annoy me, especially the mileometer reset knob that rattles and its very annoying lol

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
On the CIVIC

Non-auto up on driver window
Non-auto up/down on passenger window
Easy corroding wheels

Weeman sucks ****
Nothing bothers me about mine, it's mint. Could do with buckets though for an extra 10bhp through the corners;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Lack of steering wheel reach adjustment, and with my legs set comfortably for the pedals, the gear lever's a bit of a stretch to get it into 3rd.

Apart from that, I'd change nothing as everything else is perfect IMO.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
172: from cold non responsive, hunting, hesitates etc, after a mile or so i'm in heaven again.

From driving my old mans 172 I found that,
I thought the wipers looked odd when using them in the car as they go the wrong way.

It needs a sixth gear.

The road noise (even when in 5th, not even ragging it) is really loud.

The brakes are a bit on/off (took me a while to get used to)

Other than that its cool.

It did seem a lot differnt to drive than the valver I used to own - only prob with that was that the sunroof used to creek & the brakes didn't feel that good (they worked well though, it was just a feeling I used to get when driving it)

Megane Trophy
Yeh the brakes do take a while to get used to i must admit!

I love mine now, could do with some better pads as mine do fade when braking from 120-30 when a damn moped moped pulls out

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
sun roof rattle, every bloody rattle, the clunck on full lock , the fact the wipers go the wrong way

MK2 172
The panel which has the ESP button on it which rattles. The weird clunk on full lock. Shock absorber leaking only a month after getting the car. The just odd clutch.

Why are peole complaining about the RS'S brakes. FFS they are capable of outdoing a Ferrari 360 from 100-0. You must be overestimating yours and the cars ability??????

Blaze

I've learned to love all the little things that used to annoy me about my Cup, and I think having a Cup helps as its already quite basic so you can forgive the odd rattle a bit more.

Aside from the plastic over the instrument panel which rattles all the bloody time, my main problem is as follows...

The effing wipers!

"Intermittent" is bloody awful, never clearing the screen quick enough, but then occasionally going ballistic and wiping at silly fast speeds. Then, Renault have the cheek of sticking a sensitivity setting on it, its so useless I've never even worked out which notches are supposed to be more sensitive and which are less, it makes no difference. I know its not faulty, this is my 3rd Clio and they've all done it.

All joking aside, the wipers are just plain dangerous imo, it actually takes effort to clear the screen in light rain (doing it manually, or waiting until you can't see anything, or leaving them on normally and smearing the screen until visability is zero), just a standard 2-second intermittent wipe with adjustable time setting would have been lovely (and safe)

I'd just sooner have an old fashioned Intermitent wipe instead of these rain sensered s**t, like you say your driving along waiting for them to work and you cant see a bloody thing and when your waiting at lights they go crazy doing the fastest they'll go. there crap

On my old Mk1 the realy realy week horn plus the fact It was to expensive to innsure and if I'd used i ever day i'd be in the poor house with no licence.

On the Mk2 its the dampers going soft after 63k the seats being useless and more importantly the lack of feedback.

Turbos.
blaze said:
Why are peole complaining about the RS'S brakes. FFS they are capable of outdoing a Ferrari 360 from 100-0. You must be overestimating yours and the cars ability??????

Blaze

Thats a bit short sighted, good in one application due to low weight...on track they are pants.

Personally there is too much dead travel in my 172s brakes. The gearbox and clutch are generally shabby. The flimsy interior and the way the door shuts like its made out of tin foil does grate sometimes, but you can certainly feel the benefit of naff all weight too!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
the only thing is the lack of glide im getting.. there seems to be too much friction thru the gears.. the ph2 172 has done about 36k and im thinkin to change the gear box oil..
it even slows going down a hill ffs

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
1. The too-sharp cutoff of the homofocal low beams. Sure it prevents glare to other road users. But you need to be able to see things. Street signs. Speed signs. Warning signs. Reflectors on the back of bicycles.
2. The very badly-designed control stalk for the lights. It controls too many things. If you try to dip in a hurry you're likely to turn the lights off. The lights don't actually dip until you release the stalk.
3. Inaccuracy of speedo. You buy a car precisely so you can go quickly, then find its got a speedo that's telling you you've reached the limit long before you have.
4. Pathetically hopeless inaccuracy of trip computer. Mine was out by 15% on fuel economy. That's so bad it can't just be bad engineering, its close to fraudulent misrepresentation.
5. Floor mats that aren't fixed down.
6. Sun visor that can't be turned and set to keep out the sun when its from the side.
7. The boot latch that sticks up and snags anything you are sliding in and out of the boot.
8. Ignition key sharp enough to cut your skin.
9. Soft plastic panels below the drivers door that scuff just from being touched by your trouser leg as you get in the car. Similar soft plastic panel below the boot lid.
10. Engine drive belts that have to be replaced at considerable expense after unreasonably low mileages. Other manufacturers sorted out this problem long ago. US requires cars to need nothing but oil and adjustments for 100,000 miles/kms (?). Its possible. Why can't Renault do it.
11. Stalling when you try to pull away from the lights, unless you pick up exactly the right number of revs. Any modern car where you have to warn other people who drive it who aren't used to it to be careful of something is badly designed.
12. Metal pedals that are slippery when wet. Get in the car at the supermarket on a rainy day. Go to back out of the parking spot and your foot slips of the clutch.
13. Trip computer that you can only reset to say you've filled up a minute after you start the engine. You have to either sit there looking stupid for a minute before you drive away, or reset it as you're driving down the road, which is dangerous.
14. Pointless remote for radio/player on steering column, when your other hand is only a few centimetres away from the control on the dash.
15. Pointless centre seatbelt in rear. No-one knows three legless midgets that could fit side-by-side in the back.
16. Squeaks and rattles, and more squeaks and rattles.

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
1) Rattles
2) Squeaks

3) Suspension noises

4) Seats are uncomfy after about 2 hours driving

5) Too much brake dust!

6) about 50 cracks in the windscreen

C

Cupster

The Bus steering wheel, god that is so annoying!! :grr:

and, it may be just me but I can't seem to get the rear view mirror in the perfect place? I am either seeing ceiling or back shelf. Maybe just me I think?!