ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another 172 offset question!

searched to no avail.

I have the chance of some ET40 7x17 alloys for my mk2 172.

Im down 40mm on apex springs with some FKs on the way.

Will these wheels catch anywhere now or if i go lower then 40mm when the FKs arrive.

Was going for 18s but decided against it after reading some posts.

I really wouldnt mind these whells so any advise or stories from people who have a similar setup appreciated.

I dont mind removing, folding or bending parts to accomadate these but wanting to go - 60mm

thanks

Russel

the only real place they might scrub is the top of the rear arches - I had ET37 and the tyres touched the arches when hitting a dip in the road - now have ET42 and had 4 people in the car on sunday and no rubbing at all.
The front will rub a bit on the plastic that hangs down to hide the bumper mount but thats easily solved - other than that all will be fine

thanks tim, think ill be purchasing them. Very nearly bought a set of 18s on eBay brand new without tyres, in a 42 offset. So glad i didnt after reading some horror stories.

Prefer 17s and dropped further.

320d
Clio 182 (Cup Pack and Trophy are the same) 45
Clio 16v (phase 1 and 2) : 36
Clio Mk1 (excl. 16v & williams) : 37
Clio 172 Mk1 : 43
Clio 172 Mk2 : 48
Clio 172 Cup : 38.5

that was useful rich - wish i had known that before tryin to choose wheels - luckily (for a change) I chose the correct ones