ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another alarm question

on clios (not sure if all but certainly the 172 sports) there is this Renault Anti Intruder Device thingy which from what i have read / heard just means that the car locks itself automatically if you forget or something right ?

well mine certainly did do this when i first bought it as it kept locking itself and arming the alarm when i was filling up with petrol and then the alarm starts going off as i had a passenger...

now the question is;

is there a way of turning this on and off.. .and if not then why would it appear to not be working anymore ????

im fairly sure that if i left the car unlocked and walked off, it would lock itself in my absence.. in fact, i know it did up until recently...

any ideas folks ?

(basically, i quite liked the idea of it locking itself when i forget to... unless my keys are in it at the time)

As far as Im aware if you unlock the car then dont open the doors,boot etc after a set time it will relock itself. However if you do open any doors etc then it doesnt.
But to be honest I thought the RAID device was the button on the dash that locks all the doors when you are in the car. Anyone else know any different.

yes, you could be right there...

my mistake

however... the automatic locking of doors if u leave them unlocked..

can this be turned on or off ???

cause mine doesnt seem to be working anymore...

Ad

MK2 FRS

You can turn this fuction on and off. If you have the automatic locking doors (Above 5mph) Then the self locking when the car is left unlocked also works. You turn the fuction on and off by pushing the lock switch on the dash board for 10secs. You then get a beep and the fuction has been changed to on or off. (depending on whether it was on or off in the first place)Hope this makes sense.
Has your car been in for service?? Renault often swithch the function off when the car goes in so they dont lock the car keys inside!!! and they usually forget to switch if back on.

Ford Fiesta

yes you can turn it on and off but I cant see how it is possible to lock your keys in the car because it only relocks the car when you have unlocked it and not opened any door/boot if you open the door put your keys in the car then shut the door it will not re lock the doors.

i have locked my keys in the car b4! but the door switch on my driver side door is broke so even if i do open my door with the keys in but not in the on position it locks itself
but i wudnt switch it off because ive walked away and caught the button b4 and when i got back it was unlocked shudnt it have locked itself back up tho ?? maybe they get temprementle