ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another annoying tyre question...

Abarth 500

Sorry folks!

Ive tried Proxies and didnt like them. I wasnt too keen on the original Contis and have had way too many sets of Eagle F1s. Im in desperate need of a new pair up front and fancy something different and nice and suitable for the upcoming winter months - Im bound to need some new ones in the spring anyway!

Any suggestions, recommendations, advice etc?

Full Fat 182 - Was..

go for the Exalto 2s off the 182, handle really well in the wet, as well as in the dry, good tyre life, good feed back, and grip/cornering

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 01 November 2004

go for the Exalto 2s off the 182, handle really well in the wet, as well as in the dry, good tyre life, good feed back, and grip/cornering
Cant disagree with that at all m8, EXALTO all the way, the 1s are really good aswell.

205 Exalto 2s on the cup ;) I put them on my 172 and made one hell of a difference to the handleing. They worked out at about 70 quid a corner from mytryres.co.uk.

Abarth 500

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 01 November 2004

205 Exalto 2s on the cup ;) I put them on my 172 and made one hell of a difference to the handleing. They worked out at about 70 quid a corner from mytryres.co.uk.
Are you referring to the size? Mine only has standard Cup wheels, ie 195/45/16s.

Feck it, Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s all the way, I find most people dont run enough pressure in them and so complain about them for one thing or another, but on track pressures of about 38/36 and on road of about 36/34 or 34/32 sees you right, Ive have loads on both of my cars (172 and williams 1) and both of them handle great (tyre-wise).

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by cbscup on 01 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 01 November 2004

Are you referring to the size? Mine only has standard Cup wheels, ie 195/45/16s.
Standard Cup wheels will take 205/45/16 Exalto PE2s. Well worth it. I had F1s on the 172 and thought things didnt get much better, but they do.

Id put them on the 172 as well, in fact Id put them on anything Im so impressed.

Rainsports suffer from flexing sidewalls, something youll notice the way you drive mate. ;)

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3

The Bidgestone Potenza PE040a is an awsome tyre which is better in the dry than any other tyre ive had, but overall the GSD3 is the no.1 handlin tyre for me, problem is that they had to be changed after 12,000m. Plus the Goodyear looks better than any other tyre. But my next tyres are gonna be the exalto 2. Costco are sellin them at £68 a corner in 195/45/16 so you cant argue really.

Chris

those uniroyle rainsports are real good all year round...i am using matador aquillas on my valver and they also seem real good even though they are budgets.......both are worth the money you pay

Quote: Originally posted by MattyMarsh on 01 November 2004
Would you put 205/45/16 Exaltos on a 172. Is that the same as the 182 ?

yes definatly go for 205s on the cup wheels.