ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another anyone recognise this (sorry) 172 cup

clio 200
I'm off to view this cup this weekend but the MOT history is putting me off ever so slightly. It's had 5+ owners and only done 75k miles.
I can't understand which the springs are "incomplete" other than the gypsy way of cutting the springs to lower it????
Thoughts and opinions please

708b97bd12ff8de12f6805b4cca8f408.jpg
538a0ed1964ff7d95a53c730aae3165f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
At least it looks like it's had all new brakes in the last 12 months! The spring is a curious one, but could be as bloke says. I mean, one tester noted the headlamp washers didn't work. Cups don't have any!

clio 200
At least it looks like it's had all new brakes in the last 12 months! The spring is a curious one, but could be as bloke says. I mean, one tester noted the headlamp washers didn't work. Cups don't have any!
Lol, yeah I thought that. It doesn't look in bad fettle but the MOT history made it look like it's had a hard life.
Slight bit of rust round the rear arch but I can look past that

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
We had a customers car that went to quick fit for an mot. 650 worth of work.

Was a 2012 49k nice looking fiesta.

Took it next door (ATS) advise both rear shocks, slight misting of oil.

Mmm

clio 200
Mmm, indeed. Don't think you can see test centers without the V5.
Think I'll go see it and base my opinion on what I see on the day.
Does 5+ owners bother anyone else other than me tho?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Mmm, indeed. Don't think you can see test centers without the V5.
Think I'll go see it and base my opinion on what I see on the day.
Does 5+ owners bother anyone else other than me tho?

5+ owners in 16 years?? Not a biggie imo

Renault Master
My old Monaco172 had 7 previous owners 82k and bought from a dealer it was 11 years old. One of the best cars I have owned for reliability and enjoyment tbh.

Clio 172 Cup
It was over 10 years ago, have a look in the paper work see if anything corresponds to what he had done to make it pass a few days later if no further mots picked up the spring issues should have been rectified ? great car to own I love mine

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My old Monaco172 had 7 previous owners 82k and bought from a dealer it was 11 years old. One of the best cars I have owned for reliability and enjoyment tbh.
My old 225 had 5 previous owners and was les than a year old! Worst car I've ever tried to sell?.