ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Clio 1.5dCi Thread

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys,

I'm going to list all the faults, symptoms and provide as much info as possible. For reading the error codes and live data I have been using a Snap On Solus (not going to have access again)

The issue with the car is it won’t start when cold fine when warm (starts with a bump), the car cranks over fast and has a new alternator and battery. The car also has new glow plugs, glow plug relay and I have checked the glow plug wiring for continuity. When cracking the coil light is illuminated and the stop light flashes. I then read the codes after clearing them and the fault is Fuel Pressure Regulator 262.

So I checked for resistance with the regulator which there was even if it was fluctuating. The brown wire for the regulator goes to the glow plug relay and I have continuity there, however the grey wire which I assume goes to the glow plug relay doesn’t have continuity. So I then made a wire from the plug to the relay after clearing the codes, but then I get errors for the glow plug relay circuit etc. I drove the car and still received the code for fuel pressure regulator so I can only assume the grey wire goes elsewhere but I can’t find a wiring diagram for it.
I also have a lot of air in the fuel system, which was there before I changed the fuel filter (which didn’t have any metal particles in at the time)

So to recap, the parts replaced and things I have tried;

• Cleaned EGR valve
• New plugs
• New relay
• New fuel filter
• New fuel temperature sensor
• New fuel pressure sensor (the one on the spider chamber)
• New battery and alternator

I’m wondering if the air in the system is going to throw the code for the fuel pressure regulator. I can see the fuel pressure changing a lot on the live data. The car runs lumpy when idle and if you leave it the coil light will come back on until you drive it for a couple of mins. The car will start on a bump and starts fine when warm. Also if you floor it hard for in gear the stop light and coil light will flash again. One of the other codes that came up was misfire cylinder 2 which is properly the injector, I haven’t done a leak off test yet but that wouldn't stop the car starting when cold anyway.

Any help would be great as I’m at my wits end and about to scrap/list on ebay.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Injectors.

Classic symptoms.

I've had multiple do it, my own, families and friends.

Can get them refurbed at ~£100 a pop and easy to fit you yourself.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer I always thought that would be the case, but why would it throw the code for the fuel pressure regulator? Would that be down to the air in the system?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yer I always thought that would be the case, but why would it throw the code for the fuel pressure regulator? Would that be down to the air in the system?

Always chucks up that error for some reason, and if you're seeing a lot of air bubbles in the fuel lines too that's usually down the strainer in the sender unit being blocked with s**t.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Is it possible to clean out the strainer? Or do i need to replace it? Anyone you can recommend to refurbish the injectors?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yer strainer just unclip scans you can clean it. You have to take the tank lock ring and seal off and replace them.

I use two places one in Tilbury s d one in Orsett. They're much the same tbh

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
If i remove them and replace them in the same cylinder will i need to recode them?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nope, they'll be fine then.

I've even managed to fit a second hand set to one to get them by and it didn't need coding.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm that's interesting. The only thing that concerns me is the live data was showing the fuel pressure fluctuating by over 100psi/bar whatever its measured in. So is that down to the injectors/air in the system or is the regulator finished. I'm just sick of spending money on it and don't want to waste any more if it wont resolve the issue.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well i have carried out a leak off test and decided not to repair. So the car will be going on ebay soon and whatever it sells for it sells for. Thanks for your help.