ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another cup being fiddled with

182 trophy
Very nice project there.

How did you crack the alloy?

Try Revolution motorpsorts for 4WLA, there up your way.

Cheers. I'm not 100% about how the wheel went but I think a bolt that was lying on the road shot through it, all I know for sure was it happened at 6.00am and I s**t myself haha.

I actually went in to revalution at the weekend to check it out. The gear looks pretty good so that's probably my best bet for the 4wla I would think.

(s)Low Dynamique
Looks awesome mate, I quite like the rather large exhaust! The coilovers are a massive improvement too! You should get rid of the rear windscreen wiper sometime to clean the back end up even more :)

182 trophy
Looks awesome mate, I quite like the rather large exhaust! The coilovers are a massive improvement too! You should get rid of the rear windscreen wiper sometime to clean the back end up even more :)

I have been thinking about that cos I'd quite like to get rid of the heavy looking wiper motor. Just not sure if it will make the back look a bit strange... I'm still undecided lol.

182 trophy
Next up for the clio is a new bonnet. unfortunately over a year ago now some drugged up little f**k started kicking off outside my old house and puched a fair dent in my bonnet, after having to look at the dent for over a year iv now decided it has to go asap.

the disfigured bonnet...

001-1.jpg

i decided to go for a carbon fibre bonnet to save a little bit of weight and also i just quite like the look of them.

217.jpg

It is just an old ktec 1 so the top is carbon fibre and the underneath is fiber glass, still pretty light though and it should look good when its on.

Now just need to find the time to get it on, the bonnet that is :dead:

182 trophy
Any change you can do a weight them both please (or do you know how much they both weight)?

Sorry I have no scales or anything. All I know is that I can feel a fair weight difference. I'll see if I can find somewhere to weigh them before I swap them over.

182 trophy
I have always liked the look of a carbon bonnet! It will look great when it's fitted mate. I'll look forward to seeing it at the next meet.

Yeah mate iv not been to a meet in ages. Really need to pull my finger out and get to 1 soon.

182 trophy
Indeed. I saw a full CF bonnet for sale (cant remember link) that weighed 3.5kg but was well over a grand!

Cant wait to see it in place, has it been fitted yet?

That may have been the streamline carbon bonnet. I think they're over a grand.

Afraid its still not on yet though I had planned to fit it today, I had even recruited the Mrs to give me a hand manouvering it into possition, however I got carried away with something else which I will post some pictures up of when I get the laptop on either today or tomorrow.

182 trophy
Well its chucking it down again today so still not fitted the bonnet...

So here is my progress from yesterday, nothing major mind.

The back end got properly stripped out, as it only had back seats out with a false floor in before hand.

This is how it looked before. Tidy, but not saving all that much weight.

016-1.jpg

during...

010-1.jpg

Then after i was left with this.

009-1.jpg

After this i made the decision to remove the rear wiper and motor, at first i tried to follow a guide off here but it just wasn't working for me. so out came the trusty hacksaw :S

Which left me with this

005-3.jpg

Once at this stage it was a fairly simple case of unplug then unbolt and the motor just slides right out.

007-4.jpg

For the plastic i got a selection of small rubber grommets from halfords

008-4.jpg

The 13mm grommet turned out to be the winner

on the inside i used a 24mm grommet to prevent any leaks, 24mm was the biggest i had but it was a tad slack so i put a bit of silicone around it just as a precaution.

so all in all saved some weight in the rear end and the tailgate now looks like this.

011.jpg

014-3.jpg

I wasn't too sure about how it would look when i started but im quite happy with the result :)

Cheers

Liam

182 trophy
Was the wiper seized onto the wiper bolt? I tried taking mine of yesterday but no joy, looks like it will be a hacksaw job too!

Was the wiper and wiper mechanism heavy?

The motor was about 1kg i think. But yeah it was well seized, no amount of wd40 was going to move that, it may as well have been welded on ha!

Fiesta ST-3
I really like the direction that you've taken this car mate. Looks so much better from the start item. Really really like it.

Iceberg Clio 172
The new style rear badge looks smart, cleans the back-end up nicely. The normal RenaultSport badge looks cheap imo. May look into swapping this soon.

182 trophy
Finally got round to getting the carbon bonnet on yesterday, it wasnt too hard just a little fiddly.

made fairly quick work of removing the heavy dented old unit.

001-2.jpg

002-5.jpg

took a few minutes of messing around to get the old washer jets poked out...

003-3.jpg

Once all the the fixings had been changed over i loosely bolted it to the hinges, i had to lay it in the shut position a couple of times to line it up and when it was finally lined up properly i nipped them up tight.

So here are a few pictures of it fitted, not the best because you cant really see the weave. I'll get some better photos at some point soon.

015-1.jpg

006-4.jpg

007-5.jpg

and a quick picture from the back end too..

014-4.jpg

more to come at a later date.

Thanks for looking

Liam

182 trophy
Looking good fella, did you notice how it handles and drives to the extra weight loss?

Not noticed any difference since the bonnet went on like, since the rear was gutted I have to be a bit more careful lifting off power in the corners though ha.

I have quite a bit of carbon on mine if u ever wanted a look mate. I have wing mirrors and fog lights(chris Powell) all the dash parts are done front and rear diamonds, rear bump strip( I wrapped them myself tho) but if u ever wanted to have a look you could.

182 trophy
I have quite a bit of carbon on mine if u ever wanted a look mate. I have wing mirrors and fog lights(chris Powell) all the dash parts are done front and rear diamonds, rear bump strip( I wrapped them myself tho) but if u ever wanted to have a look you could.

Nice mate, you got any photos? I quite like the idea of carbon mirror caps.

182 trophy
Just a little update. Silver visions came today, i wasted no time and just popped them straight in. Heres a few photos from along the way.

old and new bulbs together

001-3.jpg

Rear before

002-6.jpg

and after

003-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

front before

005-5.jpg

and after

006-5.jpg

im really happy with how they look, definately a worth while little mod :)

Thanks for looking

Liam