ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Inferno Photoshop...

Just been playing around with a few photos and I thought of doing this after seeing my Dad's old Fiesta had black door pillars.

I think it'd suit tinted windows better but not going to have that done, especially since I spent hours removing them lol!

ps_zps53cb0917.png

What do you think?

I doubt I'll actually get this done, just thought I'd post it in case anyone else liked it.

I keep looking back at my rear diffuser Photoshop and am very tempted!

182 Cup & DCi 172
Got a pic somewhere of mine with some black tape on to simulate this, will dig it out for you

Does look canny, I am going for a matt black look - the vinyl only costs buttons

Rob

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Looks good, I'd go glossy to match the bits by your rear wheels.

Be tempted to do it to mine.

Got a pic somewhere of mine with some black tape on to simulate this, will dig it out for you

Does look canny, I am going for a matt black look - the vinyl only costs buttons
Rob

Ooh yeah if you don't mind mate :)

Looks good, I'd go glossy to match the bits by your rear wheels.

Be tempted to do it to mine.

Hmm those bits are carbon near the rear wheels. May look a bit OTT if that was carbon as well.

Could try both though I suppose. Like Rob said, it's quite cheap for wrap :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That's honestly looks really good but still subtle. I would say gloss black wrap.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Been hunting through my photobucket account and cant find the picture with it mocked in place with tape.

Does look ideal though

Rob

I've thought about doing this and this photo is very much tempting me to have a go with my RB! :D

I wasn't planning to do it myself but every time I look at the photo it becomes more and more tempting :p

That's honestly looks really good but still subtle. I would say gloss black wrap.

Thanks mate, I've been looking at gloss black for the diffuser so could just use the same stuff to match

Been hunting through my photobucket account and cant find the picture with it mocked in place with tape.

Does look ideal though

Rob

No worries mate, thanks for looking anyway :)

I really like that Dan!

Thanks matey :)

Looks really good.

Did you PS that little black strip at the back of the side skirt?

No that's actually there mate -

10710661546_0740ecdeb5_c.jpg

I agree with gloss black, as it would reflect the same as the windows. Good idea though!

Gloss black seems to be the most popular choice so far!

Gloss black pillars and diffuser and lose the carbon on the skirts. Perfect! I'd steal your idea if my car wasn't already black.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the mk 1 clio 16/Williams' , as standard, had the B pillar trims vinyl wrapped.

IMG_0231.jpg

Yeah it does look good, I remember seeing it on a white wrapped 172 a while ago and thought the same then.

Maybe try the spats gloss black so they tie in with the diffuser?

the mk 1 clio 16/Williams' , as standard, had the B pillar trims vinyl wrapped.

IMG_0231.jpg

Ooh right. I didn't realise that.

I like it, but I think IRL it won't look so good, as the door frame is not recessed like the windows/trim is, and it will just look out of place then.

Hmm possibly, I guess there's only one way to really tell.

K-Tec used to do Carbon vinyl for the door pillars, can't seem to find them anymore.

They looked like this:

DSC00871.jpg

Never seen those before. I wonder if anyone still has a template for them.

Yeah it does look good, I remember seeing it on a white wrapped 172 a while ago and thought the same then.

Maybe try the spats gloss black so they tie in with the diffuser?

I'll have to have a search and see if I can find any more pictures. Good idea but I won't be wrapping the spats though mate.

I have some Satin Black vinyl.. tempted to try this and stand back far enough to get a rough idea! Looks top in that photo, wouldn't be hard to do really but unsure without a top and bottom recess if it would look right ?

Yeah I remember seeing that, why didn't they make them in white from factory??

I have some Satin Black vinyl.. tempted to try this and stand back far enough to get a rough idea! Looks top in that photo, wouldn't be hard to do really but unsure without a top and bottom recess if it would look right ?

May as well try it if you have some spare :) I know what you mean about the recess though :/

our new ltd ed corsa has the same effect :)

Yeah there's quite a few cars that have that effect, looks good!

nice that!! I think it'd need to be gloss black to blend in with the side windows ..good though!

Yeah, me and Banther did think matte at first so it's more subtle but then the gloss would match the glass better.