ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 'Is it a write off' thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you should drop your speed yes, so that it matches the stopping distance that you can see to be clear......unless one day you want to in in one of these threads lol ;)

this is the basic problem with drivers, they never expect the unexpected.....if they did there would be a huge drop in the RTA rate :)

Simon

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Ok, so everyone says that 172 cups kill hundreds of people every winter because they DONT have ABS.

But now you're saying that 182's can also kill you because they DO have ABS.

CS confuses me at the best of the times. But seriously. WTF.

Tbh i owned a 106 rallye s1 with no abs, no powersteering, basically no frills, and its a 'propper' drivers car, who needs abs, Ive never owned another car with such intrusive ABS as the clio I own, its annoying

Some people may prefer it, but id rather have control over the brakes than the car 'thinking' it knows what its doing, kick back on the pedal from abs obviously increases the distance travelled

Oh come on Dan. Although most of what your saying is right. You're saying for instance, that if you was driving on a nice open road with a national speed limit, and was approaching the crest of a hill and you couldn't see over it, that you would slow right down, just in-case a cow had wandered off the farmers field into the road? ;)

Correct.

You're learning.

When you're 'making progress' do you never back off slightly when you approach where you can't see?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's a bit unfair to say it's her fault for stopping (what ever the reason) for you going into the back of her. Just blantantly sounds like your fault.

M2 Competition
Oh come on Dan. Although most of what your saying is right. You're saying for instance, that if you was driving on a nice open road with a national speed limit, and was approaching the crest of a hill and you couldn't see over it, that you would slow right down, just in-case a cow had wandered off the farmers field into the road? ;)

Yes, you would.

Da

Less
Enough bickering.

An accident is exactly that - an accident - no matter who's at fault.

Sorry to hear of this Dave.

Such a shame this thread had to go this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.