ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Kangoo 182

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I needed a practical car for work, but I really missed track days so I sold my Impreza and my 306 and went clio 182/197 hunting.
Sadly all I could find was over priced crap.
Then I stumbled across a really scruffy kangoo/182 conversion that had been 60% finished so I did a buy!
Plan was to buy it, beat the s**t out of it as CSF and then sell it on.
Sadly, due to various mental health issues I am a f**king nightmare with cars and I have spent far too much on it so I think I’m going to keep it for a bit.

Spec is;
Kangoo van, no side doors
Clio 182 engine gearbox subframe bottom arms front and rear brakes.
Clio 182 front seats and steering wheel.
Ram air induction kit
Clio 182 Cup hubs
Clio 182 Cup driveshafts
Clio 182 Cup front shocks
Cheap lowering springs
New rear beam
Rear Torsion bars adjusted to sit 70mm lower
Gaz Clio 16v rear shocks
Brembo discs, Ds2500 pads, supergold fluid,
Mk2 Scenic steel wheels painted silver
195/50/15 NS2R’s
16mm rear spacers
Clio 182 decat, Honda 2.2 diesel centre box running in to a side exit pipe

I absolutely love it.

See you at CSF!

0A4F8521-A30F-4866-8341-5B2AC9EC3141.jpeg
1022F4FE-85E9-440E-BAF5-AF211D744AF2.jpeg
4C25F0A0-2A8B-44B8-939B-92E2E8A82E9C.jpeg
962CD172-E3E6-4902-8192-0D0F5A892F10.jpeg
A6AFAEFD-7326-4B02-9444-E1509872C1B5.jpeg
E8ED570A-94F2-4CBE-A208-972315FD3696.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How the f*ck did you get it so low at the front with cup shocks?
The bottom of the van may be the same as a clio but the wings aren’t. These springs make a clio look a little bit lower than standard.

When I had standard 182 springs in it, everyone thought it was lowered. It’s just the location of the wing in relation to the running gear.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The bottom of the van may be the same as a clio but the wings aren’t. These springs make a clio look a little bit lower than standard.

When I had standard 182 springs in it, everyone thought it was lowered. It’s just the location of the wing in relation to the running gear.
So are the arch liners that low too, scrub city?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So are the arch liners that low too, scrub city?
The only thing that rubs is the front bumper and front wing. Everything else clears easy.
But I’m raising it back up at the weekend. It’s too low to be able to go fast. And that’s what I wanted it for in the first place.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Haha thanks, I didnt mean how do you discover insurance companies, I meant how has your experience of insuring a modified van been? I know engine swaps can be tricky, and so can vans, so the combination will likely cause some hassles.
Trade insurance. Me or my wife Can drive any car or van up to £x.
I have too many cars to insure them individually.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Who do you use for trade insurance, something i may look into.

Have it through work but not for my own cars

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Who do you use for trade insurance, something i may look into.

Have it through work but not for my own cars
You’ll be looking at £4K for your first year. You need to have a registered company and a trading address. Many many hoops to jump through.
You could go with some scabby company like Tradex for about £2000 a year, but if you ever need to claim they will just cancel your policy and tell you to f**k off. They’re shite.

Basically, unless you have 6/7 cars all on the road, it’s not worth it.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
This is epic, moreso by the fact it's on steels. Proper stealthy.

How come you've gone for a side exit?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is epic, moreso by the fact it's on steels. Proper stealthy.

How come you've gone for a side exit?
Local exhaust place wanted £400+ to build a stealth system.
So my scrap bin rummage was free, paid a mate £40 to weld it together, mich easier to go out the side than to try and make something go over the rear beam.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Having a blast in this thing so far!
Today I managed to find a set of Eibach Proline springs so fitted those and it’s sorted the front out by raising it from the horrible eBay springs I had. No more scrubbing and no more bounce.
Also found a set of camber bolts so they went on too along with Brembo HC discs, DS2500 pads and some supergold ATE fluid.
Just a couple of minor little niggles to sort and it’s there.
Went out tonight to bed he pads in properly,ended up having a tear up with a new Leon FR and the bloke applauded me at the next set of lights whilst grinning his head off, and then a bumper to bumper 0-120 with two guys in a Corsa VXR who again when we stopped, were laughing lots and the passenger shouted ‘BEAST!’ Then he noticed the smoke pouring from the brakes and looked rather worried... lol

It certainly brings a smile to people’s faces.

A quick pic after I filled up with fuel. Which I keep having to do as the bloody fuel gauge doesn’t work..

3DC91D26-CB93-4DEA-8132-7846CB75C94B.jpeg

Land Rover
I love the idea of a Kangoo with a 2.0 litre in it.
I bet that surprises a few people at the traffic lights!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Forgot to say as well, when I bought it the gearbox was shagged. Luckily a mate was breaking one so I bought the engine and box, sold the engine and that meant that the box cost me £100. My mate fitted it and I valeted a car for him in exchange. Deal!

Today I took it for proper alignment, as I’ve fitted camber bolts and 182 cup hubs and the wheels were all over the place. The pics below should show this... lol

So my prep for CSF will consist of Monday night doing another engine and gearbox oil change, fit two new ABS sensors, for polybush dogbone, and a quick spanner check.

After alignment today and cutting out some of the front bumper, (for brake cooling as well as wheels) I have no more rubbing and to say I’m pleased with it is an understatement. It drives LUSH and I cannot wait to get it on track. ?

85A81F6F-6E78-4BA5-BC9C-CCE567FEBCB8.jpeg
3DDACF9A-F516-4C58-A6F0-30FCCF23F57A.jpeg