ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another key fob query

Renault Clio S
I’ve had a trawl through the various threads on key fob issues, but couldn’t find anything to match my query... basically my key fob won’t activate central locking/immobilizer. I’ve replaced the battery and the red lights flashes when I press the button, so I assume all’s well with the switch. It’s a X-reg car so it’s getting on a bit and therefore presume I’ll need a new fob from Renault?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hold the central lock button down, until immobiliser stays red, then unlock the car with the fob to reprogram it.

Renault Clio S
Hold the central lock button down, until immobiliser stays red, then unlock the car with the fob to reprogram it.

Didn't work :(

Are you sopposed to this with the key in the ignition? Holding the central lock button (button with padlock symbol?) down didn't do anything - just locked and then unlocked again after a few seconds; no flash from the immobiliser or headlights. I held down the other button (car with doors open symbol) and after about 3 seconds it beeped. Still no flash from the immobiliser. Then unlocking the door manually with the key didn't fix the problem.

Clio 172
CLIO II INFRA RED RESYNCHRONISING

1. Turn the Ignition OFF.

2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.

3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.

4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button twice, the doors should lock and unlock. Repeat for other remotes as required.

5. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

CLIO II RF RESYNCHRONISING

1. Turn Ignition OFF.

2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.

3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.

4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.

5. Repeat for second remote if required.

6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

Renault Clio S
Cheers for the above. I'll have another go tomorrow evening and report back.

Renault Clio S
Cheers for the above. I'll have another go tomorrow evening and report back.

Actually, couldn't wait until tomorrow so popped popped out and tried it; worked a treat - sorted. Many thanks for the advice. Cliosport never fails to deliver.

Renault Clio S
Another FOB query: key fob won't trigger central locking or immobilizer, although the once the car is unlocked manually it will start no problem. I then resynchronize as described above and everything then works as it should. However I have to go through all this every time I use the car. The resync process just doesn’t seem to hold.