ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key Re-coding/Replacement?

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone managed to get Renault or an indy to re-code a key for them, or even sort a new key out?

One of my keys died last month and won't activate the central locking BUT it will still start the car etc. The red light doesn't flash on the fob even after a battery change.
Thankfully the second key still works perfectly fine. It just makes it a pain in the arse if I pick up the wrong key, as climbing through the passenger side with the alarm blaring isn't my idea of fun haha.

I've emailed two local Renault dealers early Feb and it's been radio silence.

Any ideas?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Has anyone managed to get Renault or an indy to re-code a key for them, or even sort a new key out?

One of my keys died last month and won't activate the central locking BUT it will still start the car etc. The red light doesn't flash on the fob even after a battery change.
Thankfully the second key still works perfectly fine. It just makes it a pain in the arse if I pick up the wrong key, as climbing through the passenger side with the alarm blaring isn't my idea of fun haha.

I've emailed two local Renault dealers early Feb and it's been radio silence.

Any ideas?
My local renotech charge £25 if you supply the key

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Honestly, timpson in Clacton sorted me out, it was the one inside Tesco, the guy came out with some weird gizmo and copied my knackered key onto a new one and it all worked fine.

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers chaps.

I'll give Rentec a shout when the car goes for in for its MOT in the summer.
I never thought about Timpsons, but will give them a shout if Rentec can't do anything for me.