ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Newbie!

Hi all, you crazy lot! :)

Ive been lurking for a while now, had hoped that some of the Swindon lot would spot me, but afraid not. :(

I picked up a new 172 in silver in May, only to find myself about to be made redundant.... So guess Ill be around here quite a lot for the time being.

Sleepy172 :sleep:

Cheers.

Such is life, but as long as the insurance pays out on the loan, Ill get keep the 172 for the next 12 months, and the weather is great!:cool:

He says, while sat at his PC........:)

hello sleepy:D has yours got any mods? im in swindon too mine is silver with 17s dare v2s and coilovers, dunno if youve seen it about ?

Hi Loony.

No mods on mine, totally standard, rattles and all!

Cant recall having seen yours about, sorry. Is FatherTed local? Think I may have seen him down Akers Way last week, going by a piccie Ive seen on this site, or perhaps my medication is wearing off?

So how many Swindonians are here?

well there is me, rap172, fatherted (blue valver used to have orange wheels now they are black and he never does less than 100mph anywhere) iain2010 who now has a gtturbo after selling his valver, and my mate chapman who has just bought a mk1 172 in red but the lazy git hasnt posted yet. then we have sammy nr cirencester matt_16v in glous, benR sometimes resides in brizzol when not in hk and grant (ivegota16v) in bath so thats all the local guys

A fair few then.

I bought my 172 from Bridges in Ciren, gave me £950 on top of Fish Bros.

Do you use FishBros for your servicing? Mine was in for a climate change as it was whistling through the dash. Still does that, but dont want to take it back as they put twelve miles on the clock! Having seen them drive the demo cars I expect it was bounced off the limiter a few times.

Sorry, :sleep:s gassin I have a habit of doing that. Will only get worse if I cant find a job!

bought mine form fish bros(i have contacts so got a deal on it) i have just had the 12k service done and i used them. if its a climate problem that happens when stationary then there is no need for them to take it for a drive so when you drop the keys off get them to sign something on the job card/worksheet to the effect that the customer does not want the vehicle road tested and that they will not do so, simple. oh and i forgot chris, or kippers as he signs on on here who has a 265bhp NOS equipped mk1 172

A test drive was needed, it whistles through the dash at 80mph+ but I thought 12 miles was steep... Still at least we have Renault Minute, they used to service my old 16V and are always helpfull and friendly.

265bhp? That must shift some!

apparently so but ive not been in it, according to him its a scooby muncher :D we had a swindon meet a while back where 15 cars turned up and im thinking of arranging a convoy to donny south on sundat depending on whos interested

To Donny South Forgive my ignorance, where??

I had a burn with an 03 Scoob (WRX STi?) a few weeks ago, despite a messed gear change I was catching him, then traffic stopped the fun.... Yeah, I know he had a tight engine, so not meaning to diss Scoob drivers here.

donny is a show similar to trax etc there is one actually held up north at donnington and there is another one called donny south which is held the other side of london in essex near southend

Hi Adams.

Sounds like fun Looney, will have to give it a miss this weekend though, but would be good to meet some of you guys, if a 32 year old git doesnt cramp your street cred:)

I think Speiro will be wearing two baseball caps too!

*grin*

Thanks to you all for making me welcome here, glad Ive found somewhere to kill the mundane hours of redundancy!

Quote: Originally posted by Sleepy172 on 11 August 2003

I bought my 172 from Bridges in Ciren, gave me £950 on top of Fish Bros.
Woo hoo... Thats where i bought my lil babes from... :D And Hellooooo n welcome... (bit late... soz)

Hi Sammy,

Fish Bros thought I was BS them, I loved seeing the salesman squirm. ;)

Do you use Bridges for servicing/warranty claims? If so, do you rate them?

ill answer for sammy, she uses a pal of her dads for servicing etc as he looks after them being a friend of the family, so no main dealers for sammy

All the lads down Bridges are v nice...;) With warranty claims they were really good...

As this ONE time i thought was a good idea to clean my engine with a jet washer... OPPS.... :confused: I got water in all my looms etc... They were sound, fixed it under warranty and gave me a megane sport for the day.... :cool:

I may go down and talk to them then, wearing a dress of course!:)

Fish Bros didnt have a car for me to borrow (a two week wait!) and Renault Minute dont have the correct equipment at the moment.

Cheers for the feedback.