ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another non starter

hi guys,

normally my car starts fine all the time no probs, but today i was sat in the car on the phone for less than 10mins with the cd player on and ignition on, went to start and nothing, just an electrical "clicking" noise, and what i think is occasional attempts by the starter motor to turn (excuse my ignorance)

battery isn't flat as cd, wipers, windows, lights etc all still work. all fuses are intact too??

this is the second time it has happened now in a month, same situation, less than 10 mins in car. push started no probs last time, put it down to a freak event but this an exact repeat.

like i said starts fine normally only after this short "break" it wont

any ideas? thought maybe an earth but cant get under bonnet as it is bloody jammed (another story)

help much appreciated, i'd hate to hve to drive the works van!

i'm pretty confident that i can just bump start it again and it will be fine (touch wood) but want to get it sorted once and for all

320d
Its the battery mate, it has enough power for cd player, wipers etc but it takes a hell of a lot more power to start the engine, my battery always used to go on my scooter and it made the clicking noise, shame you cant kick start a car.

Shed.
hammer.jpg

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
My 172 was fine in every way during a radiator change then 5 seconds after a start and shut down - went to turn the key and the lights dimmed followed by weird clicking noises from relays and warning lights flashing. Battery voltage over 12 but dropped to 3V on starting.

Battery shot! (like the hammer mind!)

Battery is an 063 the more powerful 065 is too long and wont fit in the 172 (fine though if you have more room!)