ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another one to add to the fleet...

Rb 182
As some may know i recently bought .Gaz. 's tidy iceburg 172. Thought i'd start a wee thread about it. Bought it for the Girlfriend to replace our Mk4 Golf gti. As it's for her some of the more fancy bits will be removed for my trackday 172, but overall shouldn't change too much.

A few pics from when Gaz had it.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=64212&d=1317324297

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=64214&d=1317324303

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?603447-My-Recaro-d-Iceburg-Ph1

I bought it on black f1's as the 16" ones have been sold, also bought without the Recaros.

Popped along last sunday to pick it up. A few pics.

DSC00664.gif

DSC00663.gif

DSC00671.gif

I've only driven it a few hundred yards but seems very tight and pretty quick. Hopefully a good one. I've spotted a few things i'd like to change: Front bumper cracked (will be replaced with the new one that is on the chav) : exhaust mount on the rear broken : Handbrake cable snapped : Oil pressure switch needs changed : Standard interior ready to go in : I'd like to swap to a Ph1 rear bumper.

Cheers Dave

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Should get the rear one changed no problem mate. :)

Lovely purchase. I'm sure the missus can't wait.... :eek:

You really should open up a garage dude!

Rb 182
Dragged this out the garage this evening to do a bit work to it. Fitted up some front seats, removed the rear ARB, and found this exhaust mod...

DSC00692.gif

DSC00691.gif

DSC00690.gif

The exhaust mount fell off when i was poking about it, so got that to sort now.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
LOL at the exhaust mount!

iceberg ph1 rear and cup spoiler -

IMGP2154.jpg

;)

Rb 182
Done a few bits and bobs to this since taking ownership of it.

Removed the Fcs stickers

DSC00701.gif

DSC00705.gif

Gave it a wash on sat and took a few pics with Johns 72.

new72no5.gif

new72no4.gif

And added my custom Boaby tapp'd sticker.

new72no1.gif

As you can see i've now put the front bumper from Project Chav onto it as it's not cracked, it is however the wrong colour!

Also had a look at the front suspension, always thought something didnt look right. Seems the pass side has 0 camber and the drives side has 1deg pos camber. So got that to sort out.

Rb 182
Just to update this a little.

Its been on the road for about a month now. Had a few issues that i've been sorting through as i come to them. Ball joints (both) were loose, Fk's were seized solid, exhaust mount had fallen off and a few other wee bits and bobs. All in all not too bad. Its now running without the rear ARB and on cup shocks with eibach springs, it doesn't look quite as "hard" but it does handle well and stops the GF coming back with bits in the boot that shes ripped off.

Only other changes are swapping the aftermarket side reps for standard ones.

38ceda1f.jpg

tada

8a0900de.jpg

and going back to Ph1 non CC'd side strips.

7ea5afbc.jpg
2b54672b.jpg

Gaz sold it to me as a fast one, and it is! Had it on the rollers at one of the BT meets and it made good power.

a574b59b.jpg

Spec from receipts and from what ive been told/can see

matched inlets
sports cat
k tec stealth
live map @ rs tuning
Itg filter in original box

All in all im pretty happy with the car, although it'll only probably stay for a year and then ill be looking for a 182.

Cheers

Rb 182
You're probably right fras ;)
Why have you deleted the other pics bro?

And fraz, you're damn right! If he ever wants rid it'll become my track toy!
Just been moved to a different folder I think.
Fair enough! A 182 with a throttle cable and 15" wheels would be good
Danny it'll probably be on 15's. I much prefer smaller wheels.
Seems to have made decent power! only made 166 on RStuning's rollers.
That's not too bad then. Remember Gaz owned it, that's 20bhp added right there.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
That looks great! I find myself really wanting a PH1 atm.

Rb 182
Gaz's cup (R14CUP) ran 180 at rs and then 187 at extreme so I reckon this would now do 179-180 at Paul's going by that

Yeah seems about right.

Its pretty quick on the road. Thats all that matters either way, Bhp figures are for the pub anyhooo :0