ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another problem...

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

... not with my car though. For once;)

My Dad has a 1.9 Clio Diesel and he has just had the cambelt changed. Ever since he has noticed a squeaking noise on start-up. Once warm the noise gets less noticeable.

I have had listed and it seems to be coming from the aux. belt area. This belt hasnt been replaced (dont know why he didnt get it done at the same time).

Could it be that the belt needs replacing or is something else on its way out (possibly the water pump).

Thanks

James

Ive got the same noise on my car on start up! It only started doing it after i had the new water pump fitted, i must say its the most irratating noise, i mean everytime there is a bit of moisture in the air...........:(

Thing is i had both the belts changed no longer than 10k miles ago so the aux belt is still relatively new...

Upon this horrible churping i took it back to the garage and they had a look over it. When i picked it up they said that the belt was in good condition and it was tight enough so they never did anything to it.

To this day the noise is still there and it pisses me off a great deal, i im actually wondering if it is the belt or something else, i dont no what??

All the symtoms say its a belt, ie; damp whether, left over night, rain etc.....

What else could it be? What could of happend when they changed the water pump to cause this noise?

Like i said earlier sometimes i actually wonder if it is a belt that actually needs changing coz it does sound as if it something squeeking like it needs oiling or something??????????????????????????

Rob.

Williams 2, STi N12

Might be the bearings in the tensioners.

Have a habit of failing when new belts are slapped on. Best practice to change these when you change the belts.

Mine does this too. When cold and damp in the morning or when its been raining or someink. Ive had the cambelt changed the in last 6k and the Aux in the last 2k. And ive been told the tensioners for the Aux belt need changing. If you spray WD40 all in the Aux belt area it goes away ;). But its just the loose bearings on the tensioner i think.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

My Dad has just had the auxiliary belt changed and the noise has disappeared.

The tensioners were checked and they were OK.

James