ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another rattle ?

ford racing puma
I have a buzzing/vibration noise coming from the passenger side around the dash area and its doing my head in. Any ideas what it could be?

www.renparts.co.uk
ive got same on drivers side.. sounds like its down the back of the dash... does my head in big time.... theres nothing i can bang and make it go away for a bit lol... i find myself hitting the door card... but its not working..

ford racing puma
Fletch123 said:
Is it only making the noise when you are using the electrics, like the window wipers because the relay makes a annoying noise?
No, its usually when im decelerating or on rough road surface. it sounds like i have a wasp behind the dash.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I get this too - seems like a bee hive behind the dials sometimes :dapprove:

When you put your hand on the dash (even with hardly any pressure) it goes away :S

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
My 172 Mk2 used to make something similar when I was near 80mph - It has disappeared since I replaced the standard headunit... It was either something to do with that, or the new one has so many cables behind it that they are cushioning whatever it was!!

Anyone else had this?

Citroen DS3 DSport
The 172 I've bought had a noticeable rattle as described above when accelerating hard during the test drive, it went away at normal cruising speeds.