ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another reason not to buy a Renault

astra break
Hi Guys,

You got to love Renault !!!

I have a leaking suspension (2nd time in 2 months) and the first one was fixed under guarantee (car is 2 years old and I purchased 2 years extra guarantee coverage unlimited kms for 1200 euros !!!). The dealer called me this morning to say the leaking suspension has changed in Renault's policy and is now 100% for the customer. It's not that expensive but I don't want to get treated this way when I pay 1200€ for extra coverage... Renault's policy is when it's a common fault (loads of people here have had their 182 in for the same) they just eliminate it from the list being under warranty?

Called Renault CS here in Belgium and the lady has opened a file and it will take 2 to 3 weeks!!! before they'll come back to me. good Customer service...

I love the car but all these faults I already had, have told me never to buy a renault (any french car???) again.

You get what you pay for???

If the policy had changed they should have notified you, otherwise your policy is valid as it was taken out at the time in good faith. Talk about moving the goal posts.

Maz

LY 200
Renault change their warranty guidelines as often as I change my underwear .. shocking ..

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I guess somewhere there must be some small print which allows Renault to change the terms and conditions of the warranty , otherwise i would think that they should have to honour the warranty , what it covers etc .... at the time the extended warranty was taken out .

Maz said:
I meant more than once a day you cheeky so and so's ..

Do you keep soiling yourself Maz ?? :quiet:

Maz

LY 200
I keep PMSL .. ;)

I guess its like having a credit card and them changing something with that, but at least they contact you by letter :)

i think we all have to put our hands up and agree that whilst renaults are fun cars - clios that is, they are pants when it comes to reliability

Mustang, S13, AX GT
surely if its the 2nd time they should fix it anyway as it was a pre-existing problem that they should have solved last time you were there.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Everything a consumer purchases is covered by a 12 months manufactures warranty so if they have only just sorted it out surly this would apply??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
CUPCRAZY said:
Everything a consumer purchases is covered by a 12 months manufactures warranty so if they have only just sorted it out surly this would apply??

Your right . In the UK when you make a purchase you get 12 months guarantee . Don't know about Belgium though ?

But if you have something replaced under the warranty /guarantee and it only lasts say 10 months , you only get the remainder thats left on the original warranty i.e. 2 months .

s**t i know but thats how it works in the UK !

astra break
Cheers guys, there are some helpful comments here and I'll have a detailed look into my contract and check on the warranty on replaced parts over here...